Original Exile Preferences Location in Mac OS 9

Gon

Hi,

I am replaying the original Exile series in Mac OS 9 set up in Sheepshaver, works like a dream, much better than in Classic on a real PPC. I downloaded the demos, emailed them the codes and they got back to me with the keys. I registered all six programs, three games and three editors.

Now I am looking for the preferences to make a backup copy to save to my OSX main drive out of the OS9 emulated harddrive. OS9 preferences should be in System folder, preferences, right? But I can only find the prefs to E2, E2 editor and E3. Missing the prefs to the other three. Are they stored elsewhere or as an invisible file?

For now I'm backing up the whole emulated OS9 harddrive.

I remember they were in different locations. I would just run a find command for something obvious ("exile").

On the plus side, Spiderweb has cheerfully provided me with replacement codes for original Exile games after losing my original copies, even though I had registered them 15 years previously! Now that's customer service.