Alint

The 3D Editor should work (You might need the latest version). I'll have to recompile Dialogue Editor (although it sucks and isn't really worth using).

I do have the source code for the command-line version of Alint, and I use it as a part of AScript. The copy on my website won't work, though, because AScript is compiled as a universal binary but its internal copy of alint is ppc. Another thing to recompile tonight.

EDIT: So I found all of the relevant source code for Dialogue Editor and alint, and i even succeeded in properly integrating alint into AScript so that the source code is used to compile it rather than just copying in the ancient, revered, and nearly-irreplacable binary file. (I am thinking most unkind thoughts about whoever wrote "This . . . may change behavior in other minor ways." regarding the behavior of the -y flag for bison, as the changes I ran into didn't seem to be 'minor' at all.) I could put AScript up on my website now, but unless anyone urgently needs it I'd rather not; there are a few glaring problems I need to fix (like the reference index that points to reference pages I haven't yet written) and I'd like to iron those out so that people have something nice to use. Dialogue Editor. . . may take some work since I'll have to either install Eclipse again (and I'd rather not), or figure out a way to get Xcode to compile it (which should be possible, but is a thing I've never tried before).

In summary, I've already stayed up too late tonight, I'll work on this stuff on the weekend.

Niemand. Still a saint. But seriously, if Dialog Editor is gonna be a big pain, don't even worry about it. The main thing was the 3D Editor (and you're right, I was downloading an older version). I didn't even have any luck finding the original BoA Editor; I assumed I'd have more luck asking you anyway, and the 3D is oh, so much more useful.

AScript isn't giving me any problems, oddly enough, nor is Graphic Adjuster.

Long in short, I owe you, yet again. Maybe someday you'll actually see the outcome of all this talk. >_>

Originally Posted By: Kelandon
Anyone have suggestions about where KPPP should go?

I'd be happy to give you a subdomain on my site, if you wish. Otherwise there's Freewebs (now 'webs.com'), which seems to work fine for those who use it (years ago I used it for like a week and didn't like it, but I doubt my experience then relates meaningfully to how it is now).

I use byethost.com because it offers free hosting, but there is a down side with that; it limits the amount of traffic.

It may be because my site is chock-full of maps and hints for all Avernum games, though some are just maps so far.

If I get wind of a hosting site that might perform better, I am willing to give it a try.

• 4 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Niemand
I'll have to recompile Dialogue Editor (although it sucks and isn't really worth using).
I partially disgree... I think it's worth using, at least.

I admit I haven't thought to check yet, but is the game itself compatible with Lion?

Finally found it. Apparently for the first week, a Freewebs account is provisional, and you can't upload zip or exe files. So apparently I have to wait a week before I can upload the rest of the site.

Of course, you have to dig through a host of unorganized help documents before you can find this, which is annoying.

Supposedly the same is true of html files, but apparently that doesn't apply to an html-only site.

Freewebs prolly wants to encourage people to use their "helpful" editor to create html because it injects ads and whatnot into the site. Of course, back when I used Freewebs it didn't even have this "html-only site" option, I had to upload everything using their hellish File Manager thing.

• 3 months later...
Originally Posted By: Niemand
I do have the source code for the command-line version of Alint, and I use it as a part of AScript. The copy on my website won't work, though, because AScript is compiled as a universal binary but its internal copy of alint is ppc. Another thing to recompile tonight.

EDIT: So I found all of the relevant source code for Dialogue Editor and alint, and i even succeeded in properly integrating alint into AScript so that the source code is used to compile it rather than just copying in the ancient, revered, and nearly-irreplacable binary file. (I am thinking most unkind thoughts about whoever wrote "This . . . may change behavior in other minor ways." regarding the behavior of the -y flag for bison, as the changes I ran into didn't seem to be 'minor' at all.) I could put AScript up on my website now, but unless anyone urgently needs it I'd rather not; there are a few glaring problems I need to fix (like the reference index that points to reference pages I haven't yet written) and I'd like to iron those out so that people have something nice to use. Dialogue Editor. . . may take some work since I'll have to either install Eclipse again (and I'd rather not), or figure out a way to get Xcode to compile it (which should be possible, but is a thing I've never tried before).

In summary, I've already stayed up too late tonight, I'll work on this stuff on the weekend.

Hey, about that update to AScript... I want it. Just upgraded and was sort of horrified that I can't use Alint anymore.

To tide you over until the ascript update, I did a quick build from the 'processed' alint source on the alint page.

download here

I have no idea if it works properly, but I dropped it into ascript in place of the alint in the application package and it managed to detect a missing ; , so it's not completely broken.

• 8 months later...

Here is a link to the article that gives the best understanding of Alint and its errors:

http://spiderwebforu...43-alint-error/

This really should be made sticky.

Using the MS-Dos Command Prompt is not that hard when you master the menu that appears when you click on the "C:\" icon. Ditto if you know about the hotkeys, like Up Arrow.

By the way in the Edit menu, "Mark" means select moving in an x,y manner.

At the Command Prompt type HELP DosKey

This brings up a brief help screen:

Edits command lines, recalls Windows XP commands, and creates macros.

DOSKEY

UP and DOWN ARROWS recall commands;

ESC clears command line;

F7 displays command history;

ALT+F7 clears command history;

F8 searches command history;

F9 selects a command by number;

&&&&&

• 1 year later...

Batch function: alint *.txt

This checks all text files, including those that are not game scripts. One solution is to move all Readmes, hint texts and whatever to their own folder. This makes it easier to use Alint's batch function, you don't get spammed with non-existent errors.

Create a folder inside the scenario directory, folder can be called anything at all.