A:EftP - Lord Chuckles...where did he go?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yea every "normal" enemy respawns occasionally, funniest was that I had cleaned that Slith fortress north from Fort Emerald and after returning from upeer floor Slith mage had respawned and I'm totally sure there wasn't any Sliths alive when I went to upstairs.

back to topic: is there room at lower level next to that room with barrier (actually next to ladders leading there) at east? I have tried all routes but haven't found any to there. seems odd place to be w/o room.

• 9 months later...

OK, I cleaned out the gremlin gold caves before I got the Lord Chuckles quest. I've been back through the caves and found only a couple of respawned gremlins. Does this mean I maybe killed LC before getting the quest and now can't do it? I don't have dispel barrier skill yet, so can't get to those chests, but I don't think that has anything to do with LC.

Randomizer, I've done the quest for Mairwen, but the text said my mage level wasn't high enough. On her traits list, the bottom indicator of mage level is a 7. . . how high does it need to be to use dispel barrier?

I believe the requirement is 11. You really should be raising your basic bottom-tier combat skill for each character every level, or close to it.

• 4 months later...

Just to contribute to this topic, this was pretty weird. I tried to talk to him and he always teleported away (I didn't find him a second time, maybe I just had explored the other places before and couldn't be arsed to look around for him again. Actually, I just thought he really disappeared completely).

Since he always returned to the first spot when reentering the place, I decided to attack him first and ask him later. He didn't teleport away and didn't ever retaliate. He just stood there. Blue tinted friendly npc. Taking hits. After about 30 hits confirming that I wanted to hit him ([a] [a] [enter]) he died and I could complete the quest. I feel like I cheesed it, and it was awkward when Leith-of-all-trades said he wanted to write a song about my adventure. Yeah, great song, maybe an instrumental one would fit.

I didn't get the xp from defeating him, but I got from the quest. I'm really not too worried about xp in this game, though. Like stated before in you guys' posts lots of monsters respawn in this game.

• 2 years later...

You need to step out of the dungeon in v1.01 if you can't find him again. Enter again, nothing will be respawned, if you cleared out the dungeon before. Do a walkabout of that level, where you enter the dungeon and you'll inevitably find him in an alcove, where he immediately attacks:

Then after his HP goes down a good bit, he will throw a hissy fit and teleport away. Continue walking around on same level to find him, hurt him again nicely, then he'll say:

- Now I'll go to the place, where you will never go.. - away he teleports..

"Never" is the entrance / exit of the same darned level. Beat him there, and he grudgingly will say:

- Now we will do a fantastic final battle!

Kill him and get the hell out of there. Go to Leith of Blosk and fetch yer reward.