'Rational Mind' = Can't use a lamp?!

Playing the demo and decided to try the Romans out. My main tank, SkeleTonius, took the 'Rational Mind' trait of course but I am dismayed at just how ****ed up this trait is. I can understand(and fully expected) not being able to cast spells or such but not being able to drink a potion which is demonstrably, empirically capable of healing/curing?! And even worse not being able to use torches and lamps?! How is THAT 'rational'?

It will be ironic if I discover plumbing I cannot use because I do not believe in aqueducts. LOL!

Potions make sense. They're no more empirically sound or unsound than wands. I think Rational Mind is a refusal to use these reality-bending items more than anything else.

Lamps are a programming decision. The easy way to set up the trait was to prevent the use of items. Most usable items are magical. Light sources are collateral damage.

—Alorael, who perhaps should think of Rational Mind as Irrationally Fixated on Mundanity. It makes more sense that way.

Quote:
Originally written by Post-Transital Disease:
Potions make sense. They're no more empirically sound or unsound than wands. I think Rational Mind is a refusal to use these reality-bending items more than anything else.

Lamps are a programming decision. The easy way to set up the trait was to prevent the use of items. Most usable items are magical. Light sources are collateral damage.

—Alorael, who perhaps should think of Rational Mind as Irrationally Fixated on Mundanity. It makes more sense that way.
That makes sense. Just seemed kind of funny though.