A:EftP - List of Cheat Codes

editor - Brings up the character editor, enabling you to freely edit your party’s skills, traits, and spells. Before this will work, you must enable it on the title screen.

fps - See Avernum’s current frame rate.

ouchouchouch - Heals and cures your group.

leetbuffz - Gives each of your characters multiple blessings.

owmybrains - Cures any character that is suffering from a mental effect. Also removes a death curse.

iampoor - Gives you 500 coins.

imdrained - Recharges your spell energy.

backtostart - Returns you to Fort Avernum. Very useful if you get stuck.

ikilledathron - If you killed the dragon Athron before she could give you a key piece of information, this cheat code will teach it to you.

forgiveme - Makes all of the areas in the game forget your crimes. If you were hated there, you won’t be anymore. Note that certain crimes (stealing artifacts, killing major characters) won’t be forgotten.

iwanttobestronger - Gives you some experience.

giveasnack - Gives your main character some cake.

showmeall - Makes all characters (even ones you can’t see) appear on your automap.

dontshowmeall - Stops making all characters appear on your automap.

resetboats - Returns all boats to their starting positions. Boats you previously purchased will no longer be your property. Use the backtostart cheat if this strands you somewhere.

• 1 month later...

Official cheat codes:

editor – Brings up the character editor, enabling you to freely edit your party’s skills, traits, and spells. Before this will work, you must enable it on the title screen.

fps - See Avernum’s current frame rate.

ouchouchouch – Heals and cures your group.

leetbuffz – Gives each of your characters multiple blessings.

owmybrains – Cures any character that is suffering from a mental effect. Also removes a death curse.

iampoor – Gives you 500 coins.

imdrained - Recharges your spell energy.

backtostart – Returns you to Fort Avernum. Very useful if you get stuck.

ikilledathron - If you killed the dragon Athron before she could give you a key piece of information, this cheat code will teach it to you.

forgiveme - Makes all of the areas in the game forget your crimes. If you were hated there, you won’t be anymore. Note that certain crimes (stealing artifacts, killing major characters) won’t be forgotten.

iwanttobestronger - Gives you some experience.

giveasnack - Gives your main character some cake.

showmeall - Makes all characters (even ones you can’t see) appear on your automap.

dontshowmeall - Stops making all characters appear on your automap.

resetboats - Returns all boats to their starting positions. Boats you previously purchased will no longer be your property. Use the backtostart cheat if this strands you somewhere.

Can't help you with the summoning.

This post describes how to use "giveasnack" to get lots of cash—basically by changing the value of a piece of cake. That's from A6, but it will work the same way here. You'd have to locate the script called avitemschars.txt, which is in the Resources folder, which is in the Contents folder. Which you can access by right-clicking on the Avernum icon and selecting "Show Package Contents". Be sure to make a back-up copy of the script before you change it.

Quote:
all I wanted was for example the chance of summoning a monster of my choice or instead of getting 500 coins the chance of getting 5000...things will be damned easier then!

You can just use 'iampoor' ten times. It's a bit tedious, but given how much gold 5000 is for most of the game, it's not so bad to have to spend 20-30 seconds of typing to get it.

Er... 1024 X 768, but I don't think that helps you?

To change your graphic settings, click "Settings" in the title screen (or hit the save/load menu button from in-game and then pick it), then select "Resolution and Window Size", which should toggle it to "Ask at Startup".

When you restart the game, you will get a dialog with your options, but it may be that a Macbook can only have one option - others here would know more about that than me.

Hope that helps.

They will not bump into my party anymore.

It's annoying what happens with the two merchant bands close to the Tower of Magi. Every time you pass that narrow path they bump into your party, you waste time stoppin' and clickin' the "move on" option (twice).

When you don't want to do some shopping (most of the times) this interruption really annoys me. It happens the same way with other merchants around Avernum.

Another cheat I would much appreciate might be "killbela"... Bela makes you waste time, for sure.

Unfortunately I am a Mac user not a Hack user, honestly I believe the cheats cover the whole range of desires, except maybe for money, to which I am slightly critic, because it's boring to hit "iampoor" so many times. Furthermore, hitting the code again and again is getting close to influence the way I look at reality. It makes me feel... poor! tongue

• 2 months later...

What is really needed is a "wheredidiparkmyboat" cheat. I don't want to reset the @#&!! thing. I want to Find it again. I expect that would require mind boggling programming to match my capacity to park the boat, do quest A, toddle on to finish off B & by the time I reached item G on my list...it might well have been heisted by the Empire for firewood or snatched by gremlins as a prank.

Originally Posted By: Caribou16
Solution: Mage spell "Walk on water" wink

We used to have that spell, but it was called Flight. And we used to be able to cast webs, create magic barriers, recharge wands, etc...

Really the current small selection of spells is getting rather tired. I wonder whether the A2 remake will still have Capture Soul & Simalcrum?

• 2 months later...