A:EftP - Steam question

May I ask why people will even buy this game on steam..? I mean Jeffs game are not exactly huge downloads so dont take up much space on the hard drive..

Also for people who go on about how great steam is because of not having to worry about your disc getting lost ot broken, well you dont have that problem with jeffs games anyway..IF you bought it on a disc and it does happen to get broken or lost you can simply download it again and he will give you a key in an email..

I do understand why some people use steam for some titles, although I wouldn't myself..

Originally Posted By: corallus
Also for people who go on about how great steam is because of not having to worry about your disc getting lost ot broken, well you dont have that problem with jeffs games anyway..IF you bought it on a disc and it does happen to get broken or lost you can simply download it again and he will give you a key in an email..
It's simpler to just download from Steam. You don't have to worry about emailing Jeff for a key or looking for an old email to enter the key.

I am glad that people do buy it on steam, and I hopethey accept the new game too Jeff..:) More sales == more monies for Jeff which keeps him afloat and making great software..

But I realy dont get stream myself.. seems like its for lazy people to me...I mean c'mon how hard is it to email Jeff for a key rofl..and you have the demo to play while you wait..

I have used steam in the past, but now I hate it with a passion...I like owning the game a physical copy.. I really hate having only the option of a digital copy... Plus they do their freaky drm /whatever to the software..

Originally Posted By: corallus
May I ask why people will even buy this game on steam..? I mean Jeffs game are not exactly huge downloads so dont take up much space on the hard drive..

Steam is easy and convenient, and becomes even more so after you start stockpiling a library there. I've got 200+ games on Steam. It's really nice at this point to have them in one place. So nice I actually bought Avadon there (when it was on sale) after already buying it here during its initial release.

Sure, I can always download the game here. And for one game, that's not hard to keep track of. Keeping track of 200+ games I own, though, if I had to get each one from each developer's site, gets out of control.

Jeff's been around a long time and I doubt he's going anywhere soon, but that's not true for all developers. For instance, a few years back I bought a digital copy of Devil Whiskey (an indie Bard's Tale-ish game) when it came out. I'll be damned if I can find a way to get a new copy of that game though, since the website for it is now in a pretty sorry state and they haven't responded to my support requests.

Unless, of course, Steam disappears. Then I'm screwed. But in this case, I'd rather put all my eggs in one very sturdy-looking basket than try carrying 200 baskets.

Anyway, based on my own inability to be patient and on Jeff's answer, odds are really good I'll buy this from him when he releases the Windows version, then buy it again when it is on sale on Steam.