How to Avoid Sucking at Avernum: Escape from the Pit (SPOILERS)

Bonus action point items always give +1 AP because there are so few that are useful:

Mercuric Leather

Mercuric Chainmail

Mercuric Plate

Quicksilver Sandals

Quicksilver Bulwark

Cryos Spear

Combining a bonus AP item with 10-12 gymnastics is helpful to a spell caster wanting a good chance of 2 attacks per round.

The most action points I've ever seen is 21 AP for battle frenzy (13 AP), two bonus action point items (2 AP) and 10 gymnastics. 16 to 18 is the usual range for that character with that situation.

Originally Posted By: HOUSE of S
Okay, all of this arguing over dual wielding is getting a little ridiculous. I am going to make some very simple statements that I hope everyone can agree with:

1) IT IS MUCH HARDER TO GET 95% HIT CHANCE IN THIS GAME THAN IN PREVIOUS GAMES. This is true no matter what you are attacking with.

2) HIT CHANCE COMES MOSTLY FROM YOUR PRIMARY STAT (STR / DEX / INT). If you don't invest in it your hit chance will be very bad.

3) HIT PENALTIES come from fighting high level monsters, and to a lesser extent from wearing armor and dual-wielding.

4a) IF YOU INVEST IN STR / DEX / INT it is possible to have great hit chance so long as you do not fight monsters WAY ahead of your level.

4b) IF YOU DO NOT INVEST IN STR / DEX / INT your hit chance will go even lower when you fight high level monsters, wear armor, or dual-wield.

I think this lays the matter out very fairly and clearly. Now please let's stop fighting about it.

I don't fight I just disagree on some points. smile

There's clearly a problem to manage To Hit in this game and the build you suggest ie Dual Wield lower it, in any way you'll look at it this could be argue.

The second point is you look too much at offense and not enough at protection, I wrote "not enough" and don't mean "not at all".

• 2 years later...