Avernum: Escape from the Pit - Strategy Central (**NEED HELP? LOOK HERE FIRST**)

posted by randomizer:

first portal room

-- north portal to second portal room

-- east portal to second portal room

-- west portal - back to room

-- hidden switch opens south - NW

second portal room

-- north portal to first portal in hidden switch room

-- east portal to third portal room

-- west portal - back to first room

-- hidden switch opens nothing - NE

third portal room

-- north portal to second portal room

-- east portal to fourth portal room

-- west portal - back to first portal room

-- hidden switch opens nothing - NE

fourth portal room

-- north portal to third portal room

-- east portal fourth portal room

-- west portal to second portal room

-- hidden switch opens south to new area - NE

if you are stuck before 3rd level then say so.

• 1 month later...

after you descend to 2nd level walk forward until you reach 4 orange pylons and then click hidden button at top left corner (use u to find it) and then step into portal and you end up on 1st portal room and then it is what I copied earlier posted by Randomizer, 4th room gives you access to path to meet Drath. if you reach him/it and win (kill or not kill) then grab quest object and leave same way as you got there if you want to return later there.

if still lost then post screenshot that we know where you are.

• 8 months later...

Gah, not again. Well, if anyone knows of another free (or very cheap) web host that will let me use FTP, I'm open to suggestions. Alternatively, if someone wants to upload a backup of the file onto their site, that would be okay too.

CarbonPot, my host usually fixes whatever problem they're having within a day or so, but if you want to PM me an email account, I can send you the whole WDIDN file. It's not huge.

And here they are. WDIDN is now here :http://nikkis-nook.hallsofchaos.net/WDIDN/WDIDNAEFTP.html

And the Avadon Annotated Maps are here: http://nikkis-nook.hallsofchaos.net/AvadonMaps/index.html

Everything seems to be working, but let me know if not. And you really ought to thank Niemand, since it's his space I'm using. :p

Sweet, and many thanks to Niemand as well! I've added the new links to the original posts. Now hopefully nobody will need to download the editors before Zymic's servers are back up.

Edit: The WDIDN has a new permanent home at keepersofavadon.com.

Edited by Jerakeen

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

(EDIT: nvm)

(While I'm here, does the mid-game stat reassignment feature appear in this game, or did that come later? I kinda borked up my characters' stats. I'm playing on Casual so it might not make a difference, but still, I was thinking Exile where you have more than enough skill points to buy everything useful and then some. I forgot that you get only a small number of skill points in tis game...)

Edited by The Almighty Doer of Stuff