Nethergate gets no love!

Probably because it is such a good game and so well made that nobody has any real questions and none feel the deed to discuss things in order to try and figure them out.

Then again I could be wrong.

Sorry if that sounded bad, I am just in a really good mood and willing to play around. My copy of Nethergate just arrived today! Along with Blades of Avernum and the entire Exile Trillagy! Yay! Not sure if Nether will run on my current computer, I don't have my desktop in college with me so I am using a VERY old laptop, but once I get home I am going to fire it up and beat some celtic rear! smile

I'm all but certain that Nethergate will work. I run on a PC that's so old, that it could be defined as an antique and Nethergate works fine for me.

The main reason why there aren't any topics is that Nethergate is the sort of game which makes you want to work out each puzzle on your own, to make it your achievement. The only topics we really have is where someone is either really stuck or has found something odd or new.

Oh yes, w00t for me also! I got the Avernum Trilogy today! Here come many hours of anti-productivity!

Nethergate is the overlooked, underrated, and wonderful gem of Spiderweb Software. I suppose it's not popular among septuagenarian eskimoes.

—Alorael, who has found fewer stupid and brain-boggling puzzles in Nethergate. There are very few "pure" puzzles. The riddles in the Vale of the Sould and a certain Puzzle Box are the ones that come to mind.

Presumably, Pearlblossom was the start of a side-quest concerning the Castle that either never got in or no-one has stumbled on to it. Something like tracking down who the thief of the earrings was and battling some undead creature to get them back and break her curse.

I may be wrong about this, but it'd make sense.

Pearlblossom's story is vaguely reminiscent of a fairy tale (or faerie tale) I may or may not have heard once. Pearlblossom wasn't the name in the story, though, so I can't easily google it and figure it out.

—Alorael, who is convinced that the Puzzle Box is some humor tossed in at the player's expense. It would be funnier if it weren't in a weird, easy to miss place.

Regarding Pearlblossom, I thought I found a clue once: Manius Volta, the merchant in Vanarium, brags about how he managed to steal something from Castle Aethedoc. When I first saw this, I immediately through of Pearlblossom, but I couldn't make any further progress with it.

Perhaps it really was a quest at one point, and it was cut for some strange otherwordly reason? When I played Nethergate for the first time I beleived you had to save Pearlblossom from her curse, but then I could never find anything to follow it up. It could be a way for Mr. Vogel to mess with our minds...

No one in Vanarium responded to "Pearlblossom, "earrings," or "Aethdoc" (in an interesting way). Well, nobody responded to the first four letters of those keywords...

—Alorael, who even tried threatening Manius with crystal wands. No more information, though zapping him was viscerally satisfying.

i do beleicve findign someones earigns once, but i never found teh person they got to... and anotehr odd thing ive noticed is the weird alter with the stick bowl and somethig else on it where ytou can put stuff down, but only certain stuff, which ive only found once and that wasn't even me playing. But teh puzelbox is by far the most evilest thign in all Spidweb Exsistance

It's in Reptrakos' hoard. You can nab it without making the dragon angry if you have something (the Nimble Fingers trait, high dexterity, or something like that), and you'll get Sylak's Nourishing Bowl too.

—Alorael, who actually likes that item. It's one of the few Sylak items worth having, and it's a literal lifesaver in Annwn.