A small rebellion question

goblindolf

So at the ogre farms I found a demon. When I get him low he works out he is losing and dissapears.

If I activate my divine abilities I can mow him down before he vanishes and get a nice bracelet.

Will I meet him again if I let him vanish? I wonder if im missing any story from future encounters by finishing him before he can run.

oh, i see thanks. Its kind of strange how that one altar was the only thing you could use the ritual on in the entire scenario.

Im finishing the scenario and theres a bunch of stuff I never managed to solve, anyone know anything about these?

1)A man wandering around the area past the bridge west of muck. Whenever I catch him it says "You see a lone man lightly armed and dressed in a leather jerkin. He sees you. When he does he immediately turns and runs off to the north.

You try to follow him, but lose him amongst the rubble. You arn't sure where he went.

I gave myself more nature law and whenever I go near him its the same, I can never catch him.

2)Wandering swamp monsters south east of the scenario, you can try to talk to them but you dont speak their language. Do these do anything?

3) Drake in rebel lands. He asks you for information then loses interest in you. Is there anything you can do with him?

4) You can see an island south east of the scenario near the witches hut and the swamp monsters. Is there any way to get over there?

5) You can tell a number of people your opinion of the empire and rebels throughout the scenario, does doing so make any difference?

1. There's nothing more to be learned in-game about this guy. I remember searching the scripts in frustration, finally. If Jeff ever intended to make something of this, I guess he changed his mind.

2. You can kill them if you want, but otherwise no.

3. If you have robbed his lair, he will attack you.

4. No.

5. In general, no. It looks as if it should, but choosing one option or the other doesn't seem to change any flags except the one that prevents the same question from being asked twice. However, I haven't checked every single dialogue node, so it's possible that it matters in some cases.

i see, thank you. Jeff usually does stuff with things like this but I guess he forgot about them or decided not to. Same thing with the soporific herbs and brews in that ogre dungeon with the demon

I found a secret passage under buzzard in that room with the chair, but it's blocked by an iron gate

And if you use far sight under willow in the room with the chair you can see there is a secret room, but there doesnt seem to be a way to get to it.

Does anyone know if its possible to get into either of these?

I'm playing through this a second time and siding with the rebels this time. I found something I didn't find on my first playthrough.

In stalker's fortress there is a gate with a rune in front of it and if you stand on it, the gate just closes. There is a secret passage near the gate that leads to a basilisk and a load of treasure. 500 coins and mithril chain mail and some other stuff.

However, as you are walking through the passage quickfire is released and it looks like you have to walk your entire party through 20 steps of quickfire to get out again after getting the treasure.

Surely there is an easier way to do this and walk through the door or something? Looks like the only way to get it is to have 15 tooluse or strength too.