Version: 1.3

Composite Score: 1.7/5.0

Best: 0.00% (0/3)
Good: 0.00% (0/3)
Average: 0.00% (0/3)
Substandard: 66.67% (2/3)
Poor: 33.33% (1/3)

Keywords:

Edited by SylaeBot, 04 August 2014 - 10:47 PM.
Automated Sybot edit; worker IPB::csrThread/vanadium

"There are less fortunate people out there who can't sit in a chatroom and complain about privilege. You should check your privilege-checking privilege." —Dintiradan
BoA Scenario DatabaseSpiderweb Music DatabaseNethergate Graphics RewindAvernum Side Quest ListExile & Avernum for Intel Macs

Seasons of Destiny Seasons of Destiny

Mercenary

• Member ID: 8,346
  • 88 posts
  • LocationSomewhere with Internet...

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:10 AM #2 Beechford

Beechford was a good beginner's scenario, but it did have it's flaws, like not enough outdoor detail, being able to sail off the map, and an error in

Spoiler
I'm kind of tied between Substandard and Average, but I guess I give this a Substandard.

BMA BMA

Sorcerer

• Member ID: 5,939
  • 663 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:51 AM #3 Beechford

A small scenario with a simple mission. Easy to play too.

Some of the interiors are done well (I liked the city), but there isn't enough substance to justify the scenario size. Most of the outdoors are just plain wandering - a few descriptions or wandering monsters would have been nice.

The conversations are good (some of them are very amusing) and without typos. But it would have been better if they were more descriptive. And there's a tiny flaw in implementing the dialogue system : there isn't any text to show when you talk to a character for the second time (not that it matters, just pointed it out). Also, the way the story flows doesn't make much sense, it needs a bit more of finishing touches.

What I liked most was you can talk to almost anybody in the scenario. Most of them don't say much, but they all have a unique name, and you don't get any of the regular 'It doesn't respond's or some similar static message. This is a definite plus.

Spoiler

Overall, this isn't the greatest of scenarios, but then I don't regret playing it. And as for the rating, hm I'll give it a Substandard.

Enraged Slith Enraged Slith

Revenge of the Slith

• Member ID: 27
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:28 AM #4 Beechford

Short scenario.  It's a shoddy first effort, but it was actually charming up until the incredibly creepy dialogue with the blacksmith and the curvacious tavern patron.  I can't tell whether or not it was intended to be humorous, but I sincerely hope it was.

Spoiler
The scenario is actually unbeatable due to an overlong string error.  I had to alter the scripts to enable victory.

Honestly, this scenario could have had potential with some more polish, less creepy dialogue, and, at the very least, an appropriate encounter with the villain.  I don't like rating scenarios poorly, but I'd really have liked to see some more effort.  Designing scenarios takes time.  If you don't put that effort in, then what's the point of having people play it?

Poor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users