Awernum 1 Interface questions

Hello! I play recently Avernum and I love the game. I have some questions about the interface.

-- When doing battle there any way to find out how much life remained one of my enemies?

- While the fight I get messages like: "Slits hits Melissa for 12. (% 81)" What does this %?

This is now, thanks in advance!

Originally Posted By: Belgen
When doing battle there any way to find out how much life remained one of my enemies?
Not in Avernum 1. Avernum 2 and up have health bars on enemies when in combat mode.

Originally Posted By: Belgen
While the fight I get messages like: "Slits hits Melissa for 12. (% 81)" What does this %?
That is the hit chance percentage. That sloth has an 81% chance of hitting Melissa when it attacks. The game calculates your character's defensive skills and compares them to the attacker's offensive skills to get that number.

Originally Posted By: Tyranicus
That is the hit chance percentage. That sloth has an 81% chance of hitting Melissa when it attacks. The game calculates your character's defensive skills and compares them to the attacker's offensive skills to get that number.

I sense autocorrect gone amok. You must be a terrible adventurer if a sloth has that great of a chance to hit you. tongue

Can you name a language that uses keyboards that don't have I and O next to each other? And please, if there is any tongue in the world that makes mixing up the phonetics of I and O possible, it's English. Ask Bernard Shaw, he knows it.

Welcome, Belgen! Please leave your sanity at the door. Or your raison, or your förnuft, Vernunft, powód, razón, ratio, lógos...