TROGLO CASTLE QUEST HELP! URGENT!

Trenton.

I have gotten the game registered and I got permission for all three people in sharamik. I entered castle troglodyte and got blindfolded, and thrown into a cell. I saw a secret door in there but cant open it. Eventually, some one came along and told me I could speak to the king. Im stuck in the hallway now. Theres about five doors sitting there locked, and none of them will open even with my twenty strength. The path up says "a bunch of troglodytes stand in your path. It is clear that they dont want you going there". The way south is a dead end. Some advice would be appreciated?

I found a way. I went underground and am exploring. Im getting a bit tired of all these khazzis and shamans though, getting annoying. Its almost like they are spawned over and over >.>

EDIT: Ok, Im almost out of torches(almost 70 left), my soldiers and priests are at half health, and I checked the whole underground of castle troglo. How Do I reach the king? where Am I sussposed to find this stair case that the king wants me to take?

So are you still stuck, or what?

Sounds as if you already met the King (upstairs). He sends you to kill the Khazi (downstairs).

To get to the Khazi you have to pass through a machine, which I seem to remember, was a puzzle involving stepping on squares in the right order and then passing through a secret door (there's ALWAYS a secret door).

Have you got that far?

No I havent, I got blindfolded and got thrown in a cell. Some one told me I could see the king. The hall outside my cell had four doors. None of them would open for anything. Not even twenty strength. When I tried to go up there was a special encounter that said they wont let me through. I found a secret door at the bottom of the hall and went ouside.

When I came back in, I got the whole blindfolded thing again and got thrown into the same cell, only this time a secret door opened up. And it led downstairs...So here I am, searching under the castle, besting atleast 50 khazzis and shamans so far. Im looking for a way up...

Ok.

Back up. Reload the game from before you went exploring. You're not supposed to do that.

After you get thrown into your cell, just walk around like 20 turns and a message pops up:

"Suddenly you hear the door outside being unlocked. Someone outside says, King Vothkaro will see you now. Then you hear footsteps receding down the hall. You don't hear anything else."

This is your cue to leave your cell, and walk north. You get given a piece of paper and returned to your cell. 'Use' the piece of paper to read it. You will learn about how the trogs really, really want to get a tunnel opened up so they can resume their favorite activity, which is fighting the hill giants. This is important info.

Now you walk around your cell again for a few turns. Another message pops up:

"The door is unlocked again. You hear someone on the other side mutter 'King Vothkaro will see you now.' and walk away."

You go north again, turn west, through the doors into the Throne Room and speak to the King. He tells you to go and kill the Khazi (Elhioc). You return to your cell, 'Get' the piece of paper, 'Use' it to read it, and it contains instructions on your Khazi-killing mission.

That ought to get you started.

You need to do 3 plagues, but more makes it easier.

The paper might be in your cell that you need to read so check to see if there is something new.

The Hawkes mansion ghost appears when the housekeeper tells you upon entering to deal with it and the other problems. Just read the messages and walk around.

Just met the dragons. They were very nice...Except maybe athron. Dont know why she was pissed. Maybe its because of the children >.> (witch leads me to wonder who the father is >.>) I got the metal from athron without a problem. searched a while through khoths tomes for the spell, and got a potion recipe with some item lore. assembeled these for sulfras and got the BEASTSLAYER .

Found defiled crypt. I cant believe I went through ten vanhois and 2 hraiths, and a crapload of razordisks to get to two statues blocking a path? Is there anything I can do here?

Originally Posted By: Trenton Uchiha, shaper servile.
Found defiled crypt. I cant believe I went through ten vanhois and 2 hraiths, and a crapload of razordisks to get to two statues blocking a path? Is there anything I can do here?

I think you need to step on two special tiles to the west to get a click to move each statue. Of course since Jeff has a mean streak he also made two more tiles that put them back. smile

You are right on the money, Trenton. However, the dialog makes the topic of dragon mating habits even more confusing. An excerpt of the dialog with him:

Quote:

You finally stand before the dragon Athron. He towers above you, three times your height, and looks down upon you with distrust and grim distaste. When he exhales, little flames comes out.

He growls. "I am Athron the dragon. This you knew. Quit wasting my time."

Quote:
For a brief moment, his expression turns from anger to pride. "I am looking after my brood." The anger returns. "And I deal with disturbances."

"For the first time in five centuries, new dragonlings are about to hatch."

Ive decided to do the golem quest. I gave the package to kendra to get access to the thieves guilds secret passage, and was told that if I helped them take out either the troglodytes or the Golems I could speak to parzac. I couldent get into gale, but Im doing it anyway. Ive been finding these towers in the woods and I took two out already, the blade golem one and the fire golem one. Something tells me Im going to have major trouble with the goldenish magic golems though, Because I can barley handle two of them.Other than that a couple of major blessings, and revive alls takes care of the problem. How many of these towers do I have to take out? and is there a final dungeon like there were for the other plauges?

There are the four mini-zones that each contain a crystal that needs to be destroyed. Two of them can be reached by foot, the third needs to be flown to. And the fourth is reached through the Tower of Shifting Floors (which is roughly in the center of them.)

Once those mini-zones are done you can go to the final area in the Tower of Shifting Floors to destroy the final crystal and end the plague.

You'll find antimagic cloud to be helpful in preventing the golem's breathe from damaging you.

I just took care of a drake lord for a wizard. I didnt kill him, I just made him swear never to chase the wizard again. So the wizard as a reward told me were it was. Im in it right now, I put a couple of force barriers in the wall to keep them from coming at me as I recover. I swear, this is a harder plauge then any of them. I took out a group of twenty alien beasts easier than this! no problem though. Just need to confirm how to get into the third golem crystal tower, the one with the underground tunnel.

Once you get into the Tower of the Shifting Floors make plenty of different saves. You first have to find a way up to a control room, then down to the basement for access to the 4th tower. Then back to the topmost floor to finish it off.

Lots of loot and a never ending supply of golems. smile

So Ive made my way to the top. golems arnt as plentaful here as they were in the middle of the place, however I am getting lost in a maze of never ending moving floors, I am being shifted downward and sorta trapped myself. Ill find a way out. So I gotta get to the third tower before I come back to finish the job? just great.

Got stuck, had to go to the bottom of the tower. I had gotten to the second level down, and I just HAD to step on one of the movers that put me to the big furnace in the middle. found a stair way to the bottom floor there though, and nothing to do there. all I could do is go to the bottom and climb the stair way to the bottom of the top floor. Now I have to start all over again to get to the third crystal shard.

You keep mentioning a third crystal; make sure you have destroyed 4 crystals in total, as it would be shame to waste all that effort. They are approximately equally distant and one each located North, East, South and Weat of the Tower of Shifting Floors.

ASCII representation:

Code:
                     North Crystal                     (enter via passage                     from ToSF)                        |                        |                        |West Crystal         Tower of Shifting          East Crystal(need Orb of         Floors (Zalifar           (in woods)Thralnai)            tells you location)                     South Crystal                     (in woods)

Yes thats what I meant. I destroyed 3 crystals. and I need to find that last one. It was confusing me to, like everyone was talking about three but I already destroyed three outside the tunnel one. So theres four.

I reached level 2 in the golem tower, saw four book shelves, learned the spells "Divine thud" and "Mind Duel" and that theres a secret spell that disolves the golems. Anyone know what this is?

Managed to get into the lower left hand corner of the second level of the factory. I found the control room and some buttons layed out like this

Golem factory Golem activity Belt Alpha Belt star and so on. anyone know how to do this?

Found my way out through the tunnel, and Im going to destroy the last one. Whats in this one?

1st tower: Ice golems

2nd tower: Fire golems

3rd tower: Blade golems

Please dont say demon golems. Im gonna camp outside the tower untill someone posts back. I have to replenish my energy anyways. After I destroy the last one, where do I go to destroy the tower of shifting floors?

EDIT: I have wandered into the fourth tower, for I am really impatient XD anywho, I took out the jewel golems or whatever, and am wandering the basement. A little advice of destroying it would be helpful.

EDIT: how come no one is posting here? Have you all forgotten how to destroy it? smirk

Trenton, writing in all caps is considered shouting. You are asking a question about something near the end of a very old game, so you won't get answers as fast as if you ask about Avadon. Demanding answers in all caps is not the best way to get a response; I think you'll get better results from being polite.

It's an old internet convention that all caps = shouting. However, beyond that, it is pretty rude to say "HEY! WHAT I HAVE TO SAY IS SOMEHOW MORE IMPORTANT THAN WHAT ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE HERE HAVE TO SAY!"

Anyway, it won't make people respond more, it is only likely to irritate some of them.

Also, it can get hard to read.

Click to reveal..
A BOOK THAT IS WRITTEN IN ALL CAPS ISN'T SOMETHING I'VE EVER SEEN, AND TRYING TO READ SOMETHING LIKE THAT ISN'T VERY FUN. AND AREN'T CAPITAL LETTERS SUPPOSED TO BE FOR THE FIRST LETTER OF A SENTENCE OR TITLE? I WOULD USUALLY MAKE A WORD BOLD TO EMPHASIZE IT, AND ITALICIZE TO DISTINGUISH IT FROM THE REST. SO THERE'S REALLY NO POINT OF USING ALL CAPS UNLESS YOU ARE TRYING TO SHOW THAT YOU ARE YELLING. Please don't hate me.

...pretty please?

Trenton, now that you have destroyed all 4 power crystals, you need to make your way to the topmost level of the Tower of Shifting Floors, and destroy the mind crystal (which is powering all the golems), that's how to end the plague.

Edit: A bit more explanation, you remember the floor with all the conveyers, there's another level above that. That's where you need to go.

Originally Posted By: Flame Fiend
Also, it can get hard to read.

Click to reveal..
A BOOK THAT IS WRITTEN IN ALL CAPS ISN'T SOMETHING I'VE EVER SEEN, AND TRYING TO READ SOMETHING LIKE THAT ISN'T VERY FUN. AND AREN'T CAPITAL LETTERS SUPPOSED TO BE FOR THE FIRST LETTER OF A SENTENCE OR TITLE? I WOULD USUALLY MAKE A WORD BOLD TO EMPHASIZE IT, AND ITALICIZE TO DISTINGUISH IT FROM THE REST. SO THERE'S REALLY NO POINT OF USING ALL CAPS UNLESS YOU ARE TRYING TO SHOW THAT YOU ARE YELLING. Please don't hate me.

...pretty please?

You've never read Hebrew or Greek that don't have lower case versions of their alphabets. smile

Hebrew doesn't lack lower case, it lacks the upper/lower case distinction; and Greek has both upper and lower case, though maybe you're thinking of an ancient orthography?

Either way, what makes typewritten English in all upper case hard to read is that we are used to typewritten English upper case indicating certain things -- either the beginning of a sentence or line; or a proper noun; or certain acronyms or abbreviations; or words with heavy emphasis. So when we read a paragraph that is all upper case, we are constantly checking for all of those things and finding none of them. Our usual reading process is bogged down by all those extraneously triggered functions...

Actually, reading something all in capitals isn't always so bad. There are some typefaces that are entirely capitalized, and while there aren't books written like that, they don't really present problems for reading. What really beomes illegible is rANdoM mIxiNG of CaSEs iN tHE MIdsT Of wORdS.

—Alorael, who thinks the big issue might be familiarity, although he is not a linguist or psycholinguist. Most writing is mostly in lower case. Putting everything in lower case is only very slightly jarring; only proper nouns, the first letters of sentences, and the pronoun "I" come out funny. Writing all in capitals isn't usually something done at great length, but it shows up reasonably often in official notices, headings, and Death's speech in Discworld (although small capitals aren't quite the same). Mixed case never appears, and so words aren't familiar. Most reading isn't actually letter by letter, it's recognition of entire words at once; you can't recognize them if they're orthographically rendered in a way you never encounter.

Right, familiarity is key. That's why I specified "typewritten English" and that's why nobody has trouble reading comic books.

OTOH, comic books have other conventions that typewritten books do not, which perhaps make up for some of the cues lost in the abandonment of letter-case: people are often depicted visually when they are referred to, bold type or differing handwriting is used for emphasis, and sentences have their own dialogue bubbles more often thannot.

I seem to remember Trenton is playing as Anama. Also of course he is unable to complete the troglodyte quest (see earlier in this thread) so he couldn't complete the quest to get DB either.

@Trenton: Don't bother with dispelling the rest of the machinery. Just go to the top level of the tower and kill the mind crystal.