Avadon crashes on iPad when Multi tasking/sleeping

Niteside

Hi there

Here is my problem (and it happens without fail):

I play Avadon then Exit by pressing home button.

I do some other stuff on my iPad for a while. (there are no problems if I only spend a short time in other apps).

When i go back into Avadon, it is frozen. It also does this if I sleep the iPad while Avadon is running in the background and then try to reopen the app.

I press home button again to close down.

I reopen Avadon and get a black screen only which then quits Avadon by itself.

I reopen the app again, and it reloads my last save game.

This is version 1.0.1 on an iPad 2. I haven't tried reinstall, as I don't want to lose saved games.

I also frequently get the "memory short" prompt, even if no other apps are running.

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I have this exact same problem no matter if I press the Home button to exit or press the sleep button to lock and turn off the screen. You're right if you only leave in the background for just a few minutes it won't freeze up but any long and it "could" freeze up. I've had it in the background for an hour before without freezing the game.

It's annoying have to kill the app and relaunch it again ever time this happens which is 80% of the time you come back to play it. Most apps don't have this issue and it seems like it's something that should be fixed.

Jeff has worked on this problem in the past. It actually is better now than it used to be. I don't know what the internal details are, but I do know it is not an easy fix. It's basically something you are probably going to have to live with since it doesn't cause a total crash and Jeff is trying to get his new game out the door.