Three Twenty-Three

Three Twenty-Three

Mac/Windows

Author: Nikki

Levels: (All)

Version: 1.0

[composite=eyJ0aXRsZSI6IlRocmVlIFR3ZW50eS1UaHJlZSIsInRpZCI6IjE1Njg5IiwidGFncyI6WyJzaG9ydCIsInNpbmdsZXRvbiIsInRvd24gb25seSJdLCJiZ2FzcCI6eyI1IjowLCI0IjowLCIzIjo1LCIyIjoyLCIxIjowfX0=]

Composite Score: 2.7/5.0

Best: 0.00% (0/7)

Good: 0.00% (0/7)

Average: 71.43% (5/7)

Substandard: 28.57% (2/7)

Poor: 0.00% (0/7)

[encouragenecro]

[/composite]

Keywords: Short, Singleton, Town Only

Edited by SylaeBot
Automated Sybot edit; worker IPB::csrThread/vanadium

Brisk, technically sound, and a satisfying flash of story. And considering the limitations (working with Warrior's Grove is awful), it's pretty. Also an interesting approach to dialogue.

It's not amazing, but it's not terrible, and it's over very quickly. I enjoyed it, but in the end, I have to call it [rating]Average[/rating].

Ephesos pretty much summed it up. It's short, stable, and has an interesting tidbit of plot. That said, it's also possible to rob Warrior's Grove blind. I also enjoyed the little description bubbles that appeared over the main character.

It's not awe-inspiring, but it works.

RATING: [rating]AVERAGE[/rating]

It deserved to be turned into something more, I think, but Warrior's Grove sucks and the scenario was limited to only two towns. It was a little annoying that I couldn't advance without breaking into the two locked areas first, since my first character had insufficient strength and no tool use (or lockpicks).

[rating]Average[/rating]

Boo! The beginning to this was actually truly incredible: A depiction of actual trauma. And then the author reminds us that we're still in Blades of Avernum? Doesn't that defeat the point? I was happier not knowing some things: Was she my niece? Ok, fine. But my inner monologue wouldn't say that! And "Not that way" messages here were worse than irrelevant. I have to rate this [rating]Average[/rating], but the author was clearly toying with powerful stuff. Weirdly, it could have been improved by including less.

(And, now that I think about it, I wonder why I couldn't have mustered the ability to mention the threat to someone. But, I certainly didn't wonder that at the time. Secondly, I guess I can appreciate some of the gratuitous information may have been intended to sabotage the mood to make the mood more poignant through its absence: But the only consequence is that it will be perceived a mistake, right?)

I played it, and I actually thought that waht was going on was that you were mourning the lost of your adventuring party- sort of like "what BoA would be like without easy resurrection or save-scumming", which IMO would be really cool and an interesting exploration of the game world. Then the atmosphere was killed when it went all

YOUR FAMILY WAS MURDERED UWA HE HE HE! ISN'T THAT SO ORIGINAL!

, which killed something that had the potential to be so much better. Still, points for creative use of WG and an interesting story for the first half, so it's not a complete loss.

[rating]SUBSTANDARD[/rating]

• 2 weeks later...

The writing was great, but the plot and premise were both disappointing. The design was good in the second town, but I can't judge the scenario based on the poor design in Warrior's Grove. The lack of combat made sense based on the plot but I was still disappointed. I got lost after I explored most of the town and didn't know what to do next. I had to look in the scripts to find out that I was supposed to search literally everything in the town before I could move on. After I had done that, I had no idea what to do next. There could have been a message telling me to leave town or something.

Rating: [rating]Substandard[/rating]

• 2 months later...