Version: 1.0

Composite Score: 2.7/5.0

Best: 0.00% (0/7)
Good: 0.00% (0/7)
Average: 71.43% (5/7)
Substandard: 28.57% (2/7)
Poor: 0.00% (0/7)

Keywords: Short, Singleton, Town Only

Edited by SylaeBot, 04 August 2014 - 10:46 PM.
Automated Sybot edit; worker IPB::csrThread/vanadium

"There are less fortunate people out there who can't sit in a chatroom and complain about privilege. You should check your privilege-checking privilege." —Dintiradan
BoA Scenario DatabaseSpiderweb Music DatabaseNethergate Graphics RewindAvernum Side Quest ListExile & Avernum for Intel Macs

Ephesos Ephesos

A God in Mote's Eye

• Member ID: 2,749
  • 6,157 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:58 PM #2 Three Twenty-Three

Brisk, technically sound, and a satisfying flash of story. And considering the limitations (working with Warrior's Grove is awful), it's pretty. Also an interesting approach to dialogue.

It's not amazing, but it's not terrible, and it's over very quickly. I enjoyed it, but in the end, I have to call it Average.

Nioca Nioca

Heart of Avadon

• Member ID: 4,702
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:16 PM #3 Three Twenty-Three

Ephesos pretty much summed it up. It's short, stable, and has an interesting tidbit of plot. That said, it's also possible to rob Warrior's Grove blind. I also enjoyed the little description bubbles that appeared over the main character.

It's not awe-inspiring, but it works.

RATING: AVERAGE

Enraged Slith Enraged Slith

Revenge of the Slith

• Member ID: 27
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:52 PM #4 Three Twenty-Three

It deserved to be turned into something more, I think, but Warrior's Grove sucks and the scenario was limited to only two towns.  It was a little annoying that I couldn't advance without breaking into the two locked areas first, since my first character had insufficient strength and no tool use (or lockpicks).

Average

Handyman Handyman

Watcher

• Member ID: 7,167
  • 168 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:53 AM #5 Three Twenty-Three

Boo! The beginning to this was actually truly incredible: A depiction of actual trauma. And then the author reminds us that we're still in Blades of Avernum? Doesn't that defeat the point? I was happier not knowing some things: Was she my niece? Ok, fine. But my inner monologue wouldn't say that! And "Not that way" messages here were worse than irrelevant. I have to rate this Average, but the author was clearly toying with powerful stuff. Weirdly, it could have been improved by including less.

(And, now that I think about it, I wonder why I couldn't have mustered the ability to mention the threat to someone. But, I certainly didn't wonder that at the time. Secondly, I guess I can appreciate some of the gratuitous information may have been intended to sabotage the mood to make the mood more poignant through its absence: But the only consequence is that it will be perceived a mistake, right?)

Dantius Dantius

NO.

• Member ID: 6,624
  • 3,775 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:09 PM #6 Three Twenty-Three

I played it, and I actually thought that waht was going on was that you were mourning the lost of your adventuring party- sort of like "what BoA would be like without easy resurrection or save-scumming", which IMO would be really cool and an interesting exploration of the game world.  Then the atmosphere was killed when it went all
Spoiler
, which killed something that had the potential to be so much better.  Still, points for creative use of WG and an interesting story for the first half, so it's not a complete loss.

SUBSTANDARD

Duck in a Top Hat Duck in a Top Hat

Shadowwalker

• Member ID: 6,265
  • 514 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 05:45 PM #7 Three Twenty-Three

The writing was great, but the plot and premise were both disappointing. The design was good in the second town, but I can't judge the scenario based on the poor design in Warrior's Grove. The lack of combat made sense based on the plot but I was still disappointed. I got lost after I explored most of the town and didn't know what to do next. I had to look in the scripts to find out that I was supposed to search literally everything in the town before I could move on. After I had done that, I had no idea what to do next. There could have been a message telling me to leave town or something.

Rating: Substandard

Seasons of Destiny Seasons of Destiny

Mercenary

• Member ID: 8,346
  • 88 posts
  • LocationSomewhere with Internet...

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:03 AM #8 Three Twenty-Three

Three Twenty-Three was an okay scenario, but as Enraged Slith said earlier, it was a little irritating not being able to enter the locked room with the artist. The wording was also good (It's sad that they didn't believe him). I guess I'd give this scenario an  Average.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Short, Singleton, Town Only

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users