Kingdom Hall

Kingdom Hall

Mac/Windows

Author: Nikki

Rating:

Difficulty:

Version: 1.0.0

[composite=eyJ0aXRsZSI6Iktpbmdkb20gSGFsbCIsInRpZCI6IjE1NjY2IiwidGFncyI6W10sImJnYXNwIjp7IjUiOjAsIjQiOjAsIjMiOjYsIjIiOjMsIjEiOjB9fQ==]

Composite Score: 2.7/5.0

Best: 0.00% (0/9)

Good: 0.00% (0/9)

Average: 66.67% (6/9)

Substandard: 33.33% (3/9)

Poor: 0.00% (0/9)

[encouragenecro]

[/composite]

Keywords:

Edited by SylaeBot
Automated Sybot edit; worker IPB::csrThread/vanadium

From Enraged Slith on the CSR:

An interesting little story.

EDIT:

I didn't miss the point, I disregarded it, which I shouldn't do. I'm changing my earlier score since I unfairly judged this scenario as something it isn't.

There are some small errors with the dialogue but no real problems. It's very short but worth a playthrough if you like these sorts of scenarios.

[rating]AVERAGE[/rating]

From TM on the CSR:

I was honestly expecting the recurring girl to play more of a role. That being said, I dug the premise (since it's basically how I feel most of the time). It's short, but it's cute. And, I guess, it proves (very much despite me) that 24 hour scenarios can be pleasant affairs, rather than snapshots of doomsday.

And it's oh-so-pretty.

[rating]AVERAGE[/rating]

From Jemand on the CSR:

Well, it's pretty, I'll give it that. It takes almost 3 whole minutes to play through, but at least it isn't unpleasant. The "combat" if you can call it that was odd. The plot was a little strange too, but what's wrong with a little wierdness now and then?

It is kind of dumb that 5 goblins managed to take out a big city...

My problem is that this scenario has none of the things that ever make you want to consider coming back. No good fights, heck, no real fights. No rewards. No cool items. No gripping plot. No great town design... etc.

[rating]AVERAGE[/rating]

From Nioca on the CSR:

Getting short with shorts.

A short scenario is fine, really. But this just doesn't have substance, and almost isn't even worth the download. It's just so short and so forcibly linear that... well, it isn't bad. It just doesn't merit much either, and wasted great potential for what could have been a great scenario.

[rating]SUBSTANDARD[/rating]

From Thralni on the CSR:

*Whistles*

I went through this whistling, honestly. You start in this beautiful garden, surrounded by green. just strolling around already is nice, looking at the hedges, the trees, the grass, the flowers, and talking to the strange pixies was nice. I must say I liked the other towns less, but I enjoyed it enough.

[rating]AVERAGE[/rating]

From Excalibur on SV:

Kingdom Hall

Combat - Average - Of what little there is, it's far too easy.

Visual design - Average - I thought it was too happy, and a bit weird in it's own way.

Technical design - Average - Functional, but I rarely give a low rating in this field

Writing - Substandard - It seemed like middle school level at some times. It worked though

Story/Plot - 2=Substandard - Sleep, then appear in some random fort. This was too confusing.

Enjoyability - Substandard - It was rather boring actually.

Overall - [rating]SUBSTANDARD[/rating]- This could have been a lot better.

From Smoo on SV:

My notes after playing through this consisted of one word: "Nice." Yes. In English. Then I sat down and pondered what else should I write, but "nice" pretty much covers it. A word of warning though, Kingdom Hall messes up your party and has no real combat. It's another one of those scenarios where you can't be sure what's real. I happen to like them. Still, Kingdom Hall is very short, again.

[rating]AVERAGE[/rating]

From Jewels on SV:

A literal head trip, but unlike TM's Aphobia, it never makes you think, except maybe 'What's going on?'. The storyline was pretty much non exsistant, and the scripting was only slightly neat when the stone throwing goblins moved around. On the bright side, I saw no bugs and it was rather pretty. Still...

[rating]SUBSTANDARD[/rating]