Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:43 PM
From Ephesos on the CSR:
Right, so even though I though I'd gotten the fixed version, it seems that I haven't. But oh well.
+ Nice town design. Everything was very pretty, and believable enough for me. I also like how there were parts of Backus that you just weren't supposed to be able to access.
+ Goblins were... well, goblins. My lvl 11 fighter just mowed them down, like he should've. So that felt appropriate. And the fight with the goblin chief was appropriately difficult, compared to the normal goblins.
+ Nice twist, and I'm really glad that I was curious enough to keep prodding the generator.
+ Good cutscenes. The sparkly illusions were a nice touch.
+ Yay for multiple endings!
+ Kudos to Aran for keeping it small.
- Combat was, in my experience, a little weak. Granted, I typically play with a full party on Normal, so I guess it could be expected. But I was basically able to walk through all combat without entering combat mode, except for the goblin chief and the shades.
- The caves felt a little too open, but that's basically irrelevant. However, I wish there was something that happened after looting the tribe's dead on the lower level.
- Going north after getting back the (fake) message gave me the option to ride south, which seemed odd.
- While I like it when some areas of the towns can't be accessed, I wish that I could've seen the upper level of the inn, particularly because it seemed relevant to the plot.
- It did feel a little too small, honestly...
In the end, excellent first effort.