I'm having troubles getting the pelts from Hagfen without doing the quest to kill the Selkie leader first. The faq says:

"There's a gate to the SW that blocks an important area. You can open it by going to the East and hitting the tiles like so:

1 3

"

(Ignore the .s, its just so it looks right)

WHERE to the east? Do the tiles look different than other tiles? I can't seem to find the right spot.

There's a hidden room on the east of the map with several pots that catch fire when you step on the pots. It's a puzzle, and I think the way I described it is the easiest way to light them all up (or turn them off, as the case may be).

This is in the basement of Hagfen, which you should be able to reach.

• 1 year later...

There are a number of conclusions that can be inferred from the stony silence that has greeted my previous post:

(1.) Nobody visits the Nethergate forum. Nobody cares about Nethergate. Nobody even looks at the line on the main page that has "Nethergate" written on it. Nobody appreciates true greatness. This finest of fine games undeservedly languishes in a dungeon of its own obscurity.

(2.) Don't over-react, Icshi. This forum has always been quiet. All the other Nethergate fans are probably doing something meaningful and productive with their lives right now as you sit and simmer in your own claustrophobic little world.

(3.) You're fooling yourself, Icshi. Everybody read your previous post. Everybody thinks you're outta yer rotty lil' mind. The connection between "Hagfen" and "cigarette brand" is not a natural one, and is a strong indication that strong treatment is called for.

I should know better by now not to post anything after 10 o'clock at night...

crazy_smiley.gif

Perhaps all Nethergate fans are so shocked by seeing a new post on this forum, the we still haven't recovered sufficiently to reply.

Or perhaps we are afraid that your post is just an evil plot of RW cult to expand its corrupting influence beyond the borders of its own board into the virgin lands of Nethergate and SubTerra. (This looks especially suspicious considering that White Shock Troops have recently been spotted conducting reconnasance in SubTerra board.)

No — no vast conspiracy here, I'm afraid. Just plain idiocy.

Still, all that said, I can't believe nobody else has had at least the fleeting thought that Hagfen sounds like a brand of cigarettes...

Surely somebody has had a similar thought? Anybody? Anybody at all?

EDIT: To be perfectly frank, I must admit that it sounds more like a cigarette brand around midnight than it does around noon. Things are so much funnier and make more sense when your mind isn't working quite as it should...

So the hags of Hagfen have their absurdly disorganized basement solely to keep the Feds from noticing their tobacco growing and smuggling operation? My God, it all makes a twisted kind of sense!

—Alorael, who can now see what caused the great formorian split. The non-smokers just couldn't stand the smokers anymore.