SYNERGY LIST—Nethergate: Resurrection Items

Some corrections:

Under Goblin Pits (L2)

BOON — 3 Experience Points — SIT in High Priest’s Chambers — NW

should read 3 Skill points and you need party total driudism of 8 to get it

The first group of spells need total party rune reading of 15 and the second group of spells needs a total of 20

Under Shadow Valley Fort (L2)

The hidden body for the Celts has a war charm instead of nimble gloves

Western Zone

NORTHWEST VALE - Derek’s Body — QUEST ITEM: Ring for ? in Vanarium Inn

? is Velanna

Goagh-Nar

Ordeal Descent L3

for Celts there is Nimble Gloves in room near start

Castle Aethdoc

LORD INDIGO’S CHAMBERS — N — locked box (need crystal to open???) [same as above?]

kill Lord Indigo for crystal key

his chambers has location of Eye of Cathac

opens treasury north of crypts

Thanks Slarty and Random—changes added. Lots more to come. This list for NR is rather complicated to make compared to an Avernum or Geneforge game. There are lots of details that could be, should be, and will be added as I either encounter them or someone feeds them to me: useful stuff like Rune Reading requirements which I don't otherwise normally bother to find out.

Random, are you sure on the Nimble Gloves in the Ordeal Descent in Goagh-Nar? I have them listed as found here, just yesterday in the game I am playing as Celts right now:

BOTTOM OF GOAGH-NAR (LEVEL 3)

SECRET AREA: N out of W room — Iron Chain Mail, Golden Goblet, Nimble Gloves (blocks 3%, +1 Tool Use) — trapped box

-S-

I think there may be a few more Roman/Celt differences. I tried killing Queen Rit as Romans and she didn't drop anything at all, for example.

The Spider Queen is actually the Widow Queen, and she's listed twice. Sleek is also listed twice -- once in the Circle Warrens (?).

The list also says you can get a Selkie Chief's Skin from Blackfang Woods. Is that true? That's a neat extra if you can, as you can complete the hagfen quest without going evil.

Finally, killing Raven (which requires attacking an innocent) earns you an All Circle Scroll, which grants +3 to all spell circles. A pretty big deal for Romans.

You get feathers in the Aerie, which is pretty far away from the Hollow Hills. If you killed everything there, though, you're stuck.

—Alorael, who thinks someone should go into the scripts and make a use for the Puzzle Box. It could even be a contest. The best Puzzle Box addition gets a free game!

Quote:
Originally written by VCH:
Sylak's Bricks??
In the Circle Warrens you have to waste a charge from the wand of safe descent. From the spot with Harun, head south to the edge, then go east. If you jump here there is an intermediate ledge with two piles of Sylak's Amazing Bricks. Then jump down to the bodies and find a portal back to the entrance.

The bricks are worthless, except they were the 14th Sylak item to complete the search.

Well, I, the completely programming and html inept, have managed to figure out what UBB did not like in my updated Items list. For future reference, do not use "<=" inside parantheses or your post is rejected. I have updated the Items list at long last, and there have been many changes and additions.

-S-

ADDIT: Good score on the bricks, Random. I was thinking about jumping that cliff yesterday while in the Circle Warrens, but didn't have the Rod of Safe Descent with me. Then I forgot about it. I love these perilous cliffs in NG. If I had built this level, I would have attempted to make the level so deep ultimately that you couldn't see down the cliff to the ledge, nor up to the ledge. You'd have to jump to find there is a ledge there at all. I wonder what the practical depth to a level is. I remember playing Doom II and Dark Forces where you had some amazingly deep chasms you could plunge into, a very creepy effect.

ADDIT 2: You can jump into the pit under the Temple of Brigantia too. It's kind of amusing what happens if you do.

Quote:
Originally written by Synergy:
ADDIT 2: You can jump into the pit under the Temple of Brigantia too. It's kind of amusing what happens if you do.
If that's the one I'm thinking of, I think there are actually one or two other pits in the game where jumping in has the same result.

I've noticed that Sylak's Amazing Bricks multiply over time just to wear you down.

Edit: Synergy, you missed something in the Crone Caverns that I know the Celts can get (not sure about Romans) past a barrier and a sign that says "BE CAREFUL IN HERE. VALUABLE SPECIMEN." (something like that) containing a Wind Warrior and a secret cubicle with a blessed longsword within.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Fractal — you're right, I must have missed finding that hidden cubicle. I remember the room behind the barrier with the Wind Warrior. I remember being disappointed there was nothing worth the bother behind it. Somehow I missed the secret area.

Thanks for the addition.

-S-