Ipad Avadon : unable to talk to NPC

Shadock

Hi,

This problem occured for me very quickly in the game, so i've started a new game wich worked.

Now after a few hours, it occurs again : I can not talk to anyone, and the doors seems to act like containers.

I've tried to shutdown avadon, restart it, cold reboot of ipad, so problem is still here.

Need a v1.1 rapidly !

If you are having weird problems with Avadon (unable to talk to characters, script errors, unable to leave zones, general bad behavior), your copy of the software might have become corrupted. It is rare, but it does happen. Reinstalling the game can fix these problems. To do to, follow these steps.

1. If you want, back up your saved games. To learn how to do this, read the section on transferring saved games. Bear in mind that software corruptions can also damage the saved games. If, after reinstalling, problems continue, try starting a new game.

2. Power up your iPad and find the Avadon HD app icon. Rest your finger on it until it starts to vibrate and an 'X appears. Push the 'X' and choose to delete the application.

3. Run iTunes on your computer. Find Avadon HD and delete it. Make sure to choose to move it to the trash.

4. Download a fresh copy of Avadon HD from iTunes.

If this does not fix your problems, contact us by e-mail.

- Jeff Vogel

I've done that : copy my saves using iphone explorer, and then uninstall avadon, and then delete from itunes, redownload, reset of ipad, reinstall, recopy the saves and lauchn the game and I still can't talk to NPC.

I think this is the save wich is corrupted, not the application.

I occured this time sometime between the beginning of the rat cave and returning to the NPC who gave me the quest.

During the rat cave battles, I noticed at least one crash of avadon (it happens before, only during battles). Restarting the game was ok, it restarted almost at the time of the crash. Perhaps it's linked to the 'talk to NPC' problem.

I deleted and reinstalled the game and I started over. I just ran into the problem again in the Avadon Dungeon. Eye Namora won't talk to me after I took care of a couple of things in her quest. I hope he is working on a patch..I happy to provide save games or any Iinformation that is needed to resolve this problem.

I would love to look at saved games for all of these issues. To send me a saved game, first load the game where you have the problem and then save it to the upper left save slot.

Then load up iPhone Explorer (http://www.macroplant.com/iphoneexplorer/) and extract the files in Avadon Documents folder Save0. (Save0 is the upper left save slot on the saved games window.) Send the files to support@spiderwebsoftware.com. I'll take a look and see if I can figure out what's happening.

- Jeff Vogel

I just got a saved game for a problem some people had where they got stuck in the Jhereth Deeps water trap. I fixed that problem and it shouldn't happen again in v1.0.1.

I'm still working on the error where talking to people and opening doors doesn't work. A saved game would be a huge help for this one. Also, you can try turning on the text console in Settings and watching it to see if you can spot the script error that causes the problem and send me the exact text of it.

- Jeff Vogel

If you get this error ...

"Talking error: Dialog script broken or absent."

... leave the zone and then return. You should me able to interact with characters normally.

If you can't interact with characters, watch the text console for an different error message. Before the "Talking error: Dialog script broken or absent." message appears, you should see a different error. Send me the exact text of that error.

- Jeff Vogel

I have an iPad 1. I have frequent crashes now. I've only had one more instance of the talking problem, but no error showed up in the console besides the talking error message. The crashes are so frequent that the game is unplayable. They happen more frequently in combat than out of combat. It is not unusual for me to restart the game several times during battle. I have made sure there are no other apps running and that has not helped. My group is in Zethron's Aerie.

DigitalOz, v1.0.1 will be available in the app store soon. I strongly suggest upgrading right away. A full app reinstall seems like a necessity here. If that doesn't help, start a new game with the new version of the app. If that doesn't work, consider going into iTunes and reinstalling iOS.

- Jeff Vogel

Jeff, I'll update to the new version when it comes out, for sure. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the game to no avail. I hope the update resolves the problem. I doubt I'll go to the extent of reinstalling iOS (except for I will apply the update when it is GA). I'm happy to supply save games, information, or try things to debug the problem, but I am not likely to reinstall iOS since I have dozens of apps and games and am not having any problems with them. I am enjoying the MacOS version of the game a lot -- hoping you get the issues resolved on the iPad since I travel a lot and don't have my home laptop on travel.

• 8 months later...

Found the same problem with Linux and Windows saves. Windows saves work on Linux version, but on Windows the Linux saves exhibit the interaction problems described above. No crashes anywhere, just no NPC interaction and all open-container on other mouseclicks. Will send 'corrupt' save example.