Nethergate: Resurrection v1.0 for Windows notes

Nethergate: Resurrection v1.0 for Windows is now available here:

http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/nethergateres/index.html

The right mouse button not looking is a bug. It'll be fixed in the next update.

Mouse movement is slightly different from Blades of Avernum. When changing directions, you don't start walking until the cursor is settled in the desired direction and stops moving. Jury is still out on the movement change. It is slightly slower when changing directions, but it gives better control.

- Jeff Vogel

I love it.

I must admit I prefer cursor-based movement over mouse-based one here as both hands on the keyboard give me the best control (a side-effect from playing many Rogue based games I suppose)

Also I really love the "big world" feeling with the map zooming out while overland. Gives the whole game a sense distance between locations (instead of the "everything is just ten stone-throws apart" feeling if only one map-scale is used)

I love it! Two thumbs up!

Yah, plz bring back BoA mouse movement. This one is not 'slightly slower', it's a pain in the ass.

Can't even force myself to play the demo because of all the sloppyness.

Also minimap/inventory switch change from 'space' to 'tab' surprised when I attempted it during combat. 'space' now does the same as 'd' in combat mode, and same as 'w' outside combat, which is even more confusing. But I can live with that.

Couldn't care less about the right click too, I brought that feature back for meself with a simple AutoIt script (also added 'talk' to middle button, heh).

Love the fact that now 'look' can be escaped by repressing the same button.

Minor visual glitch, with some probably unnecessary redrawing going on - Game Menu dialog reappears for a sec after 'Save' is clicked, flickers once when changing window focus back to Nethergate, and flickers twice when exiting from Preferences dialog, is that a bug too?

I have temporarily put a test version v1.0.1 or Nethergate: Resurrection on our ftp site.

ftp://ftp.spiderwebsoftware.com/temp/Nethergatev101.zip

Put it in the Netherget Directory and run it and it should fix the two previously mentioned problems. If you have difficulties (or if you try it and it seems fine) let me know here or at spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com.

- Jeff Vogel

Thanks, movement is ok now smile

And right click works as in BoA (although I'd like that the look mode could be turned off when the button is pressed again - just like it is now with the keyboard 'l' key, if that's easy enough to implement).

So far noticed one minor bug introduced in this update - when picking up items from ground or containers, the next one in line takes the place of the item that was picked up (that's all good as should be), but its name and description doesn't change until mouse cursor is moved.

Hi All,

Well, I installed the windows version demo 2 nights ago and I'm having 0 problems, hurray!!! Love the new graphics, dialogues and graphic icons, since I can't register yet, only stuck with demo, but I plan to, since I got the original NetherGate years ago. Does it matter that it was purchased under my maiden name, I married now, wasn't when I bought it. Anyhoo, thanks Jeff, it's great!!! laughcool