Colour me confused about the whole registration thing . . . .

When I originally ordered the Exile series, I got it on the special trilogy CD. When Avernum was released, it, like Nethergate: Resurrection, had a special discount price for those who had registered the original Exile . . . but that discount did not apply to those who had bought Exile on the special CD, since the CD, at forty-five dollars, was already significantly discounted from the seventy-five dollars it would cost to register each Exile game individually--and that doesn't count the character editor, which cost extra back then but was included on the CD.

So, more recently, I got the original Nethergate fully registered on the promotional CD which cost fifteen dollars, and I'm not sure that the discounted twelve-dollar upgrade price applies to me. Frankly, I enjoy Jeff's games enough that I will be buying the new version at whatever price, but it would be nice to know for certain before I cut the cheque.

"So, more recently, I got the original Nethergate fully registered on the promotional CD which cost fifteen dollars, and I'm not sure that the discounted twelve-dollar upgrade price applies to me. Frankly, I enjoy Jeff's games enough that I will be buying the new version at whatever price, but it would be nice to know for certain before I cut the cheque."

The $12 upgrade price applies to everyone who registered Nethergate, no matter how much they originally paid to register it. So you're in good shape. :-)

- Jeff Vogel