Substandard: 0%
Poor: 0%

Keywords: Combat Heavy, Custom Graphic Overhaul, Linear, Pre-Fab Party

Dintiradan Dintiradan

Eye of Argon

• Member ID: 4,273
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:30 PM #2 The Crusaders

Disclaimer: I am not a frequent BoE player. Take this with a grain of salt.

Content: This is a respectably-sized scenario, though perhaps only by the standards of BoA. It's long enough to be divided into several small chapters.

Story: This is basically a cautionary tale. It works, though I never got all that engaged by the plot. The characters you interact with are a bit flat and stereotypical, but this sometimes works, with your unyielding enemies for instance. I don't know if some of the twists were necessarily.

Pacing: I liked the chapter structure, although one of the chapters seemed a bit less relevant than the others.

Combat: You're provided with a pregen character for this scenario. To succeed in combat, you need to use a scroll system (apparently similar to the potion system in other BoE scenarios). Since I have a hard enough time playing BoE normally, I just made a god party instead. This could be impeccably balanced, it could be way to easy, it could be insanely difficult, I just don't know.

Scripting: Again, it's tough for me to rate the scroll system. It seems nice, but I'm just not familiar enough with what's possible in BoE, and how innovative this actually is.

Aesthetics: I found that the town designs were a bit repetitive, and the outdoor design was very repetitive. I realize that you're in the desert, but the first outdoor section is a nearly featureless oval, and a later one is almost identical.

Overall: Seems nice, and I wish I could put up with BoE more so I could give it the attention it deserves. AVERAGE
^<@<: Pronounced exactly as it's spelt.
Design Tutorial (incomplete) | The Metagame | AIMhack Crack Pairings
Artemis (Planning Thread)
Last ten games. What have you been playing lately?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users