Fantastic racism

I know I'm probably not the only one who is amused playing as a nephilim and watching all the racist remarks tossed my way. From people having to quickly amend comments with "Present company excluded" (Or more commonly me being able to retort "Uh, you know I'm standing right here..."), to snide comments behind my back and rude rumors about what I do to farm animals, playing as a nephilim is always amusing to me.

What are some of your favorite examples of racism in the series?

Originally Posted By: Urthdigger
What are some of your favorite examples of racism in the series?

A favorite example of mine was always Claw Hardblade, from the Inn of Blades in X3. Talking to him with a Nephilim in your party, and then without, is really interesting.

Furthermore, the overzealous Empire soldiers in Krizsan Province who attack you if you have a Slith in your party.

Huh, Hardblade's case is kind of touching in a way. I do find it odd though, how it seems you get a lot more comments and such about nephils in your party than you do with a slith. That always confused me, since while they did have issues with nephil bandits and such, most of the surface people haven't even seen a slith before, so you'd think that'd get more of a reaction out of people.

Here's another one:

Avernum-Abyss

and to a much greater extent

Empire-Abyss

The Abyss dwellers disliked the Avernites for trying to be "civilized" and associated that with the empire, whom they absolutely *hated* Also, there was their (fairly understandable) bitterness at being exiled a second time.

The latter is pretty one-sided, while the Abyss dwellers despised the Empire, the Empire didn't really distinguish between them and the other Avernites.

• 2 months later...