Nethergate: Resurrection

Sure you can return to Annwn, when you die. You can't leave again because you don't have the crown or permission.

The three artifact missions and for the Celts when they raid the Roman fort are the only cases where you can't go back if you miss something.

I tried to transfer some loot to an area where you can access it after you complete your mission. It gives me a little extra spending money.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally written by Excalibur:
I think it should be more like the dialogue in BoA.
It should not.

Quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:
Do you think there will be a new opening theme for Nethergate: Resurrection?
There will not.

Quote:
Originally written by chinook:
I'm very interested in helping out with the Beta on this one, as well. I've never actually played the original Nethergate, but I've played the demo. smile

Did I miss anything regarding a beta request sign up?
You did not.

Quote:
The game mechanics (level gaining, combat mechanics) will be much closer to Blades of Avernum (though, of course, the spells and skills are all from Nethergate
I'll miss level-less skill points.

Also, a blasphemous thought: If it is possible to adapt the BoA engine to the point where it uses a different set of spells and skills, could that form of the engine ever be released to the public?

Also, "Nethergate: Resurrection" - what happened to giving remakes dramatic names derived from Latin?

"Inferusporta"? :p

Quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:
Um, the Latin for "resurrection" is "resurrectio." :p
But the point is that the new Nethergate will roughly follow the naming convention of a sequel ("$game_title $number: $game_subtitle", omitting the number), even though it is obviously a remake. :p

Quote:
Nethergate is for the most part, dead. Nethergate Resurrection sounds cool, but it will probably be a flop.
Why do you say this? The Avernum trilogy sold quite well (and still do), and they were remakes of "dead" titles.

I'm absolutely gonna buy this laugh

Since it uses the BoA engine, and it is going to be a Universal Binary... does this also mean BoA is going to be a universal binary sometime soon too? laugh (And A3? Oh pletty pleeease?)

I remember how excited I was when I tried the original Nethergate for the first time... the engine blew me away. It'll be nice to reminisce in an even better engine.

Anticipation++;

Quote:
Originally written by Warmaster Kermanuiouss:
I just tried the demo but I couldn't even play it because things kept layering so I couldn't read item descriptions or anything. Anyone know whats wrong? confused
For one thing, you're playing the original Nethergate. It's not the same as N:R and it's rather old. It's quite likely that it won't work right on newer systems, but fairly soon you should have a shiny updated and upgraded version to try.

—Alorael, who has rather enjoyed the OS X slowing of Nethergate. It's no fun to play, but the lively intro music slowed and transposed into a funereal minor key is priceless.

Quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:
Quote:
Originally written by Aethereal:
does this also mean BoA is going to be a universal binary sometime soon too? laugh
Um, if I'm not mistaken, Spidweb has released updates for most of its recent games (including BoA) to make them compatible with the latest versions of everything.
My mistake. I didn't have the latest version downloaded and didn't notice that the version number on the website didn't match the installer. :rolleyes:

I registered Blades of Exile way back when, but I never actually ordered a copy of BoA. I should get around to that some day... when I have time to kill again. Good work on the universal-ising, guys, too... doing a much better job than Adobe and Microsoft are, at any rate laugh

I think I liked the old graphics better, at least as far as I can tell from the screenshots. The awkward color of the grass in Nethergate was part of the charm, I think. And vahnatai floor in Nethergate just seems out of place.

Meh, I'd probably get used to it after about half an hour of playing and never think of it again.

Hooray for the screenshots. Nethergate: Resurrection looks a lot like Nethergate (this is a good thing).

I'm not too happy about the all-caps plot screenshot, though. What font is that, copperplate gothic? It's pretty hard to read in large chunks. The other font, the one in the pop-up, is much nicer.

Yay, Jeff has really done it this time, with a dry spell, Jeff has knocked out two indies with no other fantasy indie competition in site. Go Jeff. Maybe he will knock out three games Geneforge 4, Avernum 5, and Nethergate Resurrection before the other independents make it to market. There have been delays in Eschalon Book 1 by basilisk games, AOD-- Age of Decadence, and one other game that is independent, Looking Glass or something like that. This really shows initiative. I congratulate him, and hope Nethergate Resurrection is really good.

Ok, if nobody's going to say it,

WHAT ABOUT THE PUZZLE CUBE? WILL WE HAVE AN ANSWER AS TO WHAT IT DOES???!!

Or did is it just removed?

Quote:

Nethergate is for the most part, dead. Nethergate Resurrection sounds cool, but it will probably be a flop.

You realize that up until the Geneforge Series (not the first Geneforge game mind you) that Nethergate was the #1 selling Spidweb game, right?

Quote:
Originally written by Lord Sylak:
You realize that up until the Geneforge Series (not the first Geneforge game mind you) that Nethergate was the #1 selling Spidweb game, right?
Yeah, where on earth did you get that idea? It's completely wrong, and for obvious reasons. Nethergate was just awkward to use. It's the newest game of Jeff's that I haven't bought because the interface was just too painful and it lacked polish much more than his later efforts.