What is your favorite avernum game?

Originally Posted By: loyal servile of sasuke uchiha
why isnt anyone posting here >.< itll become a dead post soon

This topic has been posted for all of two days. It can often take many times that period in order for a critical mass of people interested in the thread to build up to the point where you can have serious sustained interest in a thread.

Plus, this question has been asked and answered many times before without lots of debate, so I can imagine that people are getting fairly tired of it by now

I've got to say that I'm kinda dissapointed that so far I'm the only one to have voted for blades. Seriously, by themselves most of the 24 hour and 1/10 scenarios by themselves were better than A4. And the great part is that it's a neverending adventure. You can literally play blades for weeks and never worry because in no time at all there will be more scenarios to play.

Originally Posted By: Dantius
Originally Posted By: loyal servile of sasuke uchiha
why isnt anyone posting here >.< itll become a dead post soon

This topic has been posted for all of two days. It can often take many times that period in order for a critical mass of people interested in the thread to build up to the point where you can have serious sustained interest in a thread.

Plus, this question has been asked and answered many times before without lots of debate, so I can imagine that people are getting fairly tired of it by now

well i thought it was time to renew it >.<

• 1 month later...

I voted for Avernum 3, though I really think Blades of Avernum (Well.. my experience with Blades of Exile anyhow) was the best. I just think Blades of Avernum is kinda... unbalanced in a way? You have many different adventures just packaged with the game itself, and then you can make plenty more and play adventures friends made... and you get to keep you party. I mean, how awesome is that?

But going with the main, canonical two series, I really liked 3. The cave dwellers finally breaking out into the sunlight and having to work to save their new home seemed like a fitting end to the original trilogy. It had a beautiful landscape, many different foes, there was that whole "try to find out who the source is" deal (even if the clues for the demo plagues are mere red herrings and the true one is made about as bluntly obvious as possible by the time you need the answer).