Waiting Waiting Waiting

Wanderer

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I just figured that out, although he needs to change the store page to reflect that. Unfortunately, the registration key they sent will not work. Has anyone had that problem yet?

EDIT:

Ahh. They just replied and corrected my code. Another Spiderweb RPG awaits in all its registered glory. No need to demo it; I know I'm going to love it.

Originally Posted By: Erasmus
A friend taught me that if one wants to bypass cache one can hold down shift while pressing refresh to force the browser to reload from the server, for me it only works when I press the browser's button (i.e. not the F5).

CRTL+R also does this on Windows. It's just a hard refresh.

I didn't want to start a new thread to ask this silly question so I am high jacking this one.

I am running Goggle Chrome as my web browser and every time I click on Avadon I get the main page for the game. That is great but I am unable to see any of the links for the demo download. Is this a browser issue or has the game not come out for download?

It shouldn't be a DNS issue; it's not like Spiderweb's site moved. It's just regular browser caching of page content that seems to be getting everyone. (I wonder if Jeff has some settings, intentionally or unintentionally, in his web server setup that are telling browsers to cache over-aggresively, since a lot of people had problems with this.)

Originally Posted By: Celtic Minstrel
Originally Posted By: Nikki.
I would assume it's going to be a matter of days. The hintbook is already online.
...is the hintbook supposed to be online?

Yeah. You can buy them in a pdf format, so I assume Jeff just sends a link to purchasers. For the past few releases they've been on the server right before the game came out - I believe I did send an email the very first time I realised, but either JV didn't see it, or didn't care enough to remove it/password protect that folder/whatever.