Help with Reptrakos - I messed up

Title. I accidentally (?) killed Reptrakos. It was a long, fun fight, he he. I thought I was supposed to kill him for the scale, I apparently misunderstood any indications for the opposite so I did. But he didn't drop any scale... and now I saw on the walkthrough that I was supposed to go some other way to instead talk to him. My bad. My question is now: is it impossible for me to get rid of the curse now? Is there anything I can do?

Thanks, and happy new year. :))

Adam

Hmm... Ok, so I went back to his lair. Noone is home and I find no scale. Where is it supposed to be found? In one of the treasure chests? I have searched them all. Some secret passageway? I've checked all of the walls.

It was stupid of me to not do the quest properly, but is there anyway to repair? By the way, I play the Celts, Original version.

I accept cheat codes if there are any laugh

What the Turtle Moves mean was there is a narrow passageway north of where you killed Reptrakos that has some lizards and at the end you should find a scale. At least I know that happens in Nethergate: Resurrection version since it's been years since I played the original version. The entrance to the passage is east of where you killed him in that dungeon.

You were supposed to ask Reptrakos for a scale and he gives you a minor quest to hunt down a thief and recover a stolen item within his lair.