Regestering Exile 2

SlayerBlade

The character editor is included with the game, at least on the CD-ROM version. You have to open it outside of the game to use the editor.

I haven't used the store in a few years, but you can always email them if you have a problem finding a product.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door.

If you're planning to register the rest of the trilogy eventually, you're better off buying the Exile Trilogy CD; it includes registered versions of all three games and their corresponding editors. Plus, with the current sale, it's only a few dollars more than buying just the one game.

And again, welcome to Spiderweb Software.

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
The character editor is included with the game, at least on the CD-ROM version. You have to open it outside of the game to use the editor.

I haven't used the store in a few years, but you can always email them if you have a problem finding a product.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door.

Yeah, i know how to find the editor, i want to regester it.

Since the Exile trilogy is so old now, Jeff may have bundled the editor registration with the game; if that's the case, then the editor would be registered when you order the game. When in doubt, ask Jeff.

In the meantime, as I said before, if you're planning to buy the entire trilogy, just get the CD; it's easier and (in the long run) a lot cheaper. Also, you won't need to find the editors in the online store, because you'll have all the registered editors too.

Originally Posted By: The Mystic
Since the Exile trilogy is so old now, Jeff may have bundled the editor registration with the game; if that's the case, then the editor would be registered when you order the game. When in doubt, ask Jeff.

In the meantime, as I said before, if you're planning to buy the entire trilogy, just get the CD; it's easier and (in the long run) a lot cheaper. Also, you won't need to find the editors in the online store, because you'll have all the registered editors too.

So i take jeff would have the answer I'm looking for. so would i just send a PM just to "jeff" or does he got a specific screen name i need to use?

Originally Posted By: Angsty Old Man
Yes, the editor is now registered with the game. You can leave him alone.

—Alorael, who will go ahead and add that Jeff isn't necessarily around on the forums all the time. You'd have better luck with spidweb@spidweb.com.

thxs, been trying to figure that out all day.

Originally Posted By: Treddalske
Yes, the editor is now registered with the game. You can leave him alone.

—Alorael, who will go ahead and add that Jeff isn't necessarily around on the forums all the time. You'd have better luck with spidweb@spidweb.com.

Dude, you have clearly lied to me cause I got the code for the game, but i do not have it for the editor. So you owe me big time and I expect you to pay up. mad

The registration key should have been emailed to you when you purchased the games. Are you sure that the Exile II registration key doesn't work on the Exile II Editor?

You understand how to register the editor, right? You open the editor, click on the "Registration" menu, which is next to the "File" menu, then click "Register this copy."

http://i.imgur.com/ZHupI.jpg

Originally Posted By: jecowa
The registration key should have been emailed to you when you purchased the games. Are you sure that the Exile II registration key doesn't work on the Exile II Editor?

You understand how to register the editor, right? You open the editor, click on the "Registration" menu, which is next to the "File" menu, then click "Register this copy."

http://i.imgur.com/ZHupI.jpg

Yes, i did that before i even came back and made posts. the code only works on the game, not the editor.

Hmm. I also thought that the editor was included with the game purchase. However, I just checked and I notice that the last time I re-registered Exile 2 (to replay it on a new system after five years), which was in 2008, I sent SW both the game and editor codes, and SW sent me keys for both the game and the editor.

HOWEVER, I also notice that the ordering web site has a blank for the game code, but no blank (or mention) for the editor code. This really does make me think that the editor is a giveaway now.

Does anyone know for sure? The ordering web site should probably be updated either to say "editor included free of charge" or to put in a blank for an editor code.

Originally Posted By: CRISIS on INFINITE SLARTIES
Hmm. I also thought that the editor was included with the game purchase. However, I just checked and I notice that the last time I re-registered Exile 2 (to replay it on a new system after five years), which was in 2008, I sent SW both the game and editor codes, and SW sent me keys for both the game and the editor.

HOWEVER, I also notice that the ordering web site has a blank for the game code, but no blank (or mention) for the editor code. This really does make me think that the editor is a giveaway now.

Does anyone know for sure? The ordering web site should probably be updated either to say "editor included free of charge" or to put in a blank for an editor code.

I'm regestering exile also with the intent of wanting the editor as well. If I'm not getting the editor then I want my money back. I was told it comes with the purchase and it didn't. I am clearly unsatisified.

I just downloaded and installed Exile II this morning. The editor says it is unregistered. It won't let me use registered-copy-only features. I don't quite understand it though; on the registration screen Exile II character editor tells me the "registration code", but it says I need to enter a "key". The "registration code" that it gives does not work if I type it in as the "key". When I play the game on different computers, it gives me different registration codes, even though it is from the same hard drive image running in an emulator. Weird.

http://i.imgur.com/9HQjY.jpg

SlayerBlade: If there's a problem, simply email Jeff with the code you see in the Editor registration dialog, and he'll send you back a key that you can enter to register it... and please don't be belligerent and accuse the mods of lying. If someone here says something that turns out to be not true, it's nearly always the case that they simply made a mistake. People do that. Just accept it, possibly correct them, and move on.

Originally Posted By: Celtic Minstrel
SlayerBlade: If there's a problem, simply email Jeff with the code you see in the Editor registration dialog, and he'll send you back a key that you can enter to register it... and please don't be belligerent and accuse the mods of lying. If someone here says something that turns out to be not true, it's nearly always the case that they simply made a mistake. People do that. Just accept it, possibly correct them, and move on.

I have sent a new e-mail with the codes. I had the run around last week with another one of these on-line orders and this being the second time I have just about had it. I'm trying to get some games for my family and what not and I get this junk from people saying one thing and winding up with another. But I guess we all get cranky during x-mas.

Okay. Please don't accuse me of lying. I may have been mistaken, but I'm not even convinced of that. If you're really that angry, Spiderweb has a money-back guarantee. Angry that you didn't get the editor with the game? Say so.

Jecowa: The registration code is based on the key, which is in turn generated with each installation of the game. When you buy a game, you have to send Spiderweb the registration key (or number) of the game, and they'll give you the number that works with that installation. The same is true of the editor.

Last time I checked, however, Spiderweb used a different ordering system. My guess is, since the new games only have one code per game (starting with the original Nethergate), the new ordering system gives you one space to enter the code and Jeff didn't think about the editors. Note how there's no way to pay for them even if you want to; they're not for sale.

So email Jeff with the registration number of the editor (the thing that appears when you open the editor somewhere) and mention that you just bought the game. I'm sure you'll have the editor in no time.

—Alorael, who will also point out that you only get a CD if you order a CD. All the game bundles are on CDs, and it was at least once possible to order any particular game on a CD. Ordering always requests an address, though, even if there's nothing to ship. But games used to come with a manual, which required shipping as well. If Jeff still prints those, you can expect an Exile 2 manual in the mail.

Originally Posted By: Treddalske
Okay. Please don't accuse me of lying. I may have been mistaken, but I'm not even convinced of that. If you're really that angry, Spiderweb has a money-back guarantee. Angry that you didn't get the editor with the game? Say so.

Jecowa: The registration code is based on the key, which is in turn generated with each installation of the game. When you buy a game, you have to send Spiderweb the registration key (or number) of the game, and they'll give you the number that works with that installation. The same is true of the editor.

Last time I checked, however, Spiderweb used a different ordering system. My guess is, since the new games only have one code per game (starting with the original Nethergate), the new ordering system gives you one space to enter the code and Jeff didn't think about the editors. Note how there's no way to pay for them even if you want to; they're not for sale.

So email Jeff with the registration number of the editor (the thing that appears when you open the editor somewhere) and mention that you just bought the game. I'm sure you'll have the editor in no time.

—Alorael, who will also point out that you only get a CD if you order a CD. All the game bundles are on CDs, and it was at least once possible to order any particular game on a CD. Ordering always requests an address, though, even if there's nothing to ship. But games used to come with a manual, which required shipping as well. If Jeff still prints those, you can expect an Exile 2 manual in the mail.

Yeah, i sent an email. how long would it normaly take to get a response for the editor?

Maybe it used to be. I checked A6, and currently getting a CD of a new game is $6.00. Getting a CD of an Exile game, however, is $3.75, and you get the entire trilogy registered (yes, with editors too). It's a really good deal if you want to play the original trilogy.

—Alorael, who imagines the cost in time spent getting the games to run on newer operating systems might be more substantial unless you have something that can run them already set up.

• 4 months later...