The Icy Tunnels

• 3 weeks later...

While an improvement from the author's previous works, this scenario still seemed rather sloppy, and a little silly in places. Combat was rather dull in places, and for a scenario which supposedly the cave was too cold to survive in, I never felt convinced there was any real peril. I thought it really needed some custom graphics. Maybe worth playing once.

Substandard

• 3 months later...

TERROR'S MARTYR

Exile 1/2

The plot? Some area of Exile is cold. The mechanisms for the game are Keys and other assorted special items being placed in the right time so you can beat up more monsters to get more keys to repeat the process. A few assorted oddities (why would the first set of "shocking runes" kill you, but not the rest?, also the "stalagmite forest" was an exercise in stupidity), and towards the end it's difficult to find the exploding crystal.

It's an extension of Exile with roughed-up edges and a few inconsistencies, but if you take it as such, it's not one of the worst scenarios you'll ever play

Average

BOOTS

Substandard

All true. The old standards, slightly rearranged. You won't lose track of time in conversation with the NPCs, nor will you strain the old brain box much, unless you're interested in trying to remember how many times in a Spiderweb product you've fallen through the first floor of a lair of badness and had to fight your way out of the basement. But (with the exception of a minor bug or two), it is put together well.

THE GREAT MISTER

I was one of the beta-testers, so I know what the scenario was like before being published to the audience. Then, it was somewhat bad. Now, it's decent. A bit rough around the edges, is what I say in most of my ratings, and this is not an exception. It's playable and would be quite enjoyable if it didn't have some things, and if it had some things. As an example for the first, the stalagmite forest TM already mentioned. And, as an example for the latter, good dialogue.

A mediocre scenario. Playing through it won't make you dance happily, but it won't kill you either.

Substandard

BRUCE MITCHELL

General impression was that the scenario is somewhat crudely made. Special spell in ice palace worked mainly after caster was slain. Designer has potential if improves plot and use of scenario creator. More suitable for medium than suggested high party whilst a low level party could also complete it. Substandard