Exile hint books - worth it?

ZeroP

What, exactly, do the 'hint books' for Exile contain? Maps, quest details, item and monster stats, etc?

I'd like to imagine it's pretty much a strategy guide, but I want to make sure.

What I'm getting at, is will it contain things I wouldn't normally find for free on the internet, somewhere?

Most of the quest information is available through the Walkthroughs and hints in the Exile Forum header. Also you can post questions here and sometimes get the right answers.

What you get are maps, hints for doing the quests, and some other information depending upon the game all in a handy paper booklet.

Monster and item information isn't included.

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
Most of the quest information is available through the Walkthroughs and hints in the Exile Forum header. Also you can post questions here and sometimes get the right answers.

What you get are maps, hints for doing the quests, and some other information depending upon the game all in a handy paper booklet.

Monster and item information isn't included.

I know that the Avernum maps are online, so it's probably a pretty safe bet that the Exile ones are online somewhere, so that shouldn't be a problem. And there are item lists and walkthroughs all over the Internet, so it's probably superfluous.

That said, buy the guides anyways. It's a nice gesture of support for Jeff.

Thanks for the info, guys.

I guess I was just having trouble with the idea of a 'hint book', since it sounds like it's simply a 3 or 4-page document with some tips and what to do, and not to do.

But, in reality, it's more like a full-blown strategy guide, and more than just a pamphlet.

I'll more than likely purchase them for the same reason I purchase any guide: It's nice to have all that information in front of you, instead of jumping around different places.