Hype: Home Again

Smoo

Maybe by adding a little pressure on myself I can force myself to actually work on this thing. Anyway, Home Again was supposed to be my entry for the 24h-contest held... um, a year ago? In all honesty, I still don't think I've spent more than 24 hours total working on it, but the idea has evolved a bit from what it initially was.

Anywho, it is still a short scenario with one outdoor section, one friendly town and one two-part dungeon. I'm not going to say anything about the plot, unless someone is actually interested to know what it's about. However, here are some screenshots:

Click to reveal..
My question is this: does this look okay? Both of the screenies, do they look stupid? The color palette in the first and perspective in the fallen pillar in the other.Hscreen1.jpg

Hscreen2.jpg

The first shot looks great. The second one looks fine too, but moving the base of the pillar back a bit might make it look more stable (unless you want to give the impression that the pillar might fall into the chasm at any moment).

Quote:
the falled pillar
I think the word you're looking for is 'fallen' ('felled' would work as well). English is fun, isn't it?

Originally Posted By: Dintiradan
The first shot looks great. The second one looks fine too, but moving the base of the pillar back a bit might make it look more stable (unless you want to give the impression that the pillar might fall into the chasm at any moment).

Quote:
the falled pillar
I think the word you're looking for is 'fallen' ('felled' would work as well). English is fun, isn't it?

I believe that falléd would work as well, but that's muchmuchmuch more archaic.

Quote:
the falled pillar

That's a typo. I was going for "fallen." Although, maybe it could have been "felled" since E is so much closer to A than D is to N on my keyboard. Maybe I decided to change it halfway through typing and ended up with "falled."

Originally Posted By: Smoo
Maybe by adding a little pressure on myself I can force myself to actually work on this thing.

Welp. That didn't work. It really wasn't an unrealistic supposition to think that I might be able to finish this thing before I go on a trip for two weeks. I guess I'll just have to continue not getting anything done once I get back. Work takes too much out of me, I suppose.

Also, the typos distracted me from this before:

Quote:
unless you want to give the impression that the pillar might fall into the chasm at any moment)

Why would I want to give that impression? Shut up!