A6 - Fort Monastery quest missing

MissSea

So, I see there was a bug about talking to Levitt after completing two out of three second tier quests and getting the other quest removed from your list, as you're now working for King Starrus. However, I'm a completionist, and I want to help Fort Monastery. I saw this issue was supposed to be fixed in the newest update (according to Jeff in December of '09) -- but I bought the game less than a month ago. Is there something I'm missing? Can I still help Fort Monastery?

On another side note, the reason I didn't do the Monastery quest is that I recall from A4 there were secret passages along the west side of the cavern up from Grindstone. Are they still there? If so, how far do I have to venture to get those secret passages?

Thanks in advance!

MissSea smile

When Levitt gives you the quest, he advises you to find a way to sneak into Fort Monastery, so that you can get their help in breaking the blockade. They will only help you once you have the quest from Levitt to break the blockade. Tunnels do play a role here, but defeating the giants in Grindstone is not necessary.

Just wiping out all the sliths outside also works - you will get the quest rewards, open the front gates, and get access to the pylon. Since you can do this as soon as you arrive by boat, it can be a convenient help in exploring Northern Avernum (that is, if you're like me and you interpret "sneak in and assassinate the leaders" to mean "kill everything that moves.")

Thanks for the good advice on completing the quest. Problem is, the quest is missing from my list now. I went to see Levitt after completing the two of the three (second level) quests: Fort Draco and Tenevra. After that, Levitt said there's something more important planned for me, and I got to see King Starrus.

I still want to get into Fort Monastery. Can I still do this, or will the NPCs not let me in because I don't have the quest in my log?

Thanks!

MissSea smile

Originally Posted By: Øther
They should, but there have been problems with that kind of thing before and people have been locked out of those quests. I would try and see if it is possible for you to do, and if not, you will have to rely on script editing if you still want to do that quest.

Yes, but also keep in mind that you don't just walk up to the gates of the fort and ask to get in like you do in most places. (Unless you want to do a lot of killing first.) You're supposed to sneak into the fort, which you should be able to do whether they want you there or not.

Happy to report that even though I didn't have the Fort Monastery quest in my list, I was still able to sneak in and complete it. Also, I was able to go back to Levitt and get a pat on the back for my troubles.

Re: Same issue, different circumstances, I completed two of the required quests from Melanchion -- can I still go and slaughter the Scourge? I did the Darkside Loyalists and the Bargha quests.

Thanks!

MissSea smile