Welcome to the Avadon Forum!

Spidweb

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I first read this as "Welcome to the Amadan Forum" and thought, "Damn, didn't know he was such a popular character..." tongue

Anyway, the skill thing looks interesting. Though I'm a little concerned that its using an engine that looks so similar to the Geneforge/STAvernum engine. Ah well, time will tell.

I have a feeling that like Geneforge you will be able to work for most if not all the factions. Hopefully there will be less powergameing options. I.e your actions actually have consequences, so you must stick with what you've done. That came out well in G3 and G4.

GIFTS as Gifts? Somewhere in the game? Open a box and Hello...

Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba
Originally Posted By: Dantius
Although having forums named after members would be an excellent April Fool's joke...

Eh, Dikiyoba finds that having your own forum gets a bit dull after a while.

I find the secret Alorael forum quite entertaining. Of course reading through a thousand posts takes a while.

Ahh. Exploding sock puppets. Probably not, but it would be nice to see.

That'd be fun Namine, or if the room with multiple doors as dictated by Jeff in Bluebeard's story would be in the game.

A possible option at the end to use the doors to enter the same door twice would be nice, thus leaving you with your alternate self to kill, and harvest the essence from that universe. MORE POWER!

It's always good to be randomly browsing and find that theres a new game out. I'm sure it'll be worth playing no matter what happens. My flatmates however tend to look at me weirdly when they walk past and see me running these mean, older styled games on a quad core.

Edit: Dammit, since when have I been a "Sorceress". Is there some male/female option these days?

Originally Posted By: Celtic Minstrel
*wonders what on earth this has to do with Alan Turing*

I heard a story about how the Apple logo (the apple with a bite taken out of it) was supposed to represent Turing suicide by poison apple. This seems a little too Snow-White esque to be true. Is it?

Originally Posted By: Dantius
Originally Posted By: Celtic Minstrel
*wonders what on earth this has to do with Alan Turing*

I heard a story about how the Apple logo (the apple with a bite taken out of it) was supposed to represent Turing suicide by poison apple. This seems a little too Snow-White esque to be true. Is it?
Depends on what the question is. Like Alorael said, the Apple logo isn't related to Alan Turing. However, Turing did (with near certainty) commit suicide by coating/injecting an apple with cyanide (since all the cool kids are doing it, here's a Wikipedia link). We also know that Turing was a big fan of Snow White, so the similarity isn't a coincidence.

Anyway, Avadon. Wooo!

Originally Posted By: Kingy
Ah well, fruity as it may be I suppose I can live with it for how often I post here. Apart from this game release have I missed much in the world of Spiderweb Software?

Yep - only the scintillating wit and intellectual repartee of the global colossus that is SpiderWeb Software Forums (& cool gaming stuff).

btw it could be worse: I just got the title of 'shock trooper' after 200 posts. That kind of puts me in the Rush Limbaugh/John Laws category. 'Sorceress' would be more accurate despite the fruitiness.

Originally Posted By: waterplant

btw it could be worse: I just got the title of 'shock trooper' after 200 posts. That kind of puts me in the Rush Limbaugh/John Laws category. 'Sorceress' would be more accurate despite the fruitiness.

I dunno, I'd rather have the mildly badass sounding "Shock Trooper".

I also kind of wish I'd checked out this forum in another 6 months so I could have just discovered the games existance and started playing.

You make one character and then get to bring any two of four other set characters along with you. It sounds like you are expected to or even required to switch your party regularly.

—Alorael, who expects that these other characters will work something like characters who join you in recent mainstream RPGs. They'll have set starting stats and you'll be responsible for controlling them and leveling them up once they join.

They will probably be sitting around a table drinking like in Nethergate until you ask them to join.

It seems that you will have scripted fights where you are expected to have one character from a certain class in order to make the fight easier. It will still have to be possible to do the fight with other choices or Jeff will have a revolt on his hands.