Political Compass Reborn!

Dikiyoba

Originally Posted By: Boggle

Indeed. The political compass is an old and well-known topic around here.

Has it been long enough for a new thread on it yet? It doesn't seem that long since we've last had one, but Dikiyoba couldn't find the most recent thread, so perhaps it was long enough ago it was lost in the most recent purge. Then again, Dikiyoba didn't search very hard for it.

EDIT (Ephesos): Yep, time for a new thread.

Originally Posted By: Dikiyoba
Originally Posted By: Boggle

Indeed. The political compass is an old and well-known topic around here.

Has it been long enough for a new thread on it yet? It doesn't seem that long since we've last had one, but Dikiyoba couldn't find the most recent thread, so perhaps it was long enough ago it was lost in the most recent purge. Then again, Dikiyoba didn't search very hard for it.
Arancaytar's last set of statistics is from December 2008, though I think there was a more recent topic since then.

Originally Posted By: Lilith
just so you know most people around here score about (-8,-8) on the political compass
Again, according to Aran's stats, the average is actually around (-5, -3). Perhaps the median is further in the third quadrant, but not by that much.

Jack Chick: Niven's Sixteenth, everyone.

Quote:
Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: 0.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.13
I drift further and further down each time I take this test, each time expecting the opposite.

Hehehe.

Quote:

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: -9.75

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -9.03

This is quite a big shift to the left from the latest graph Aran plotted me on ('07), but not much of a change from when I took the test sometime last year.

Originally Posted By: Øther
Originally Posted By: Nikki.
Economic Left/Right: -9.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -9.03
Originally Posted By: Cthulhu
Economic Left/Right: -3.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.15
Originally Posted By: Nalyd
Economic Left/Right: -7.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.62

Haha, you're all commies. Dirty, dirty commes. Probably fluoridating my water, too.
035254d467b54e1a80d3facf9a7d7d482364d51.

Here's my political compass:
Originally Posted By: Political Compass test
Your political compass:
Economic Left/Right: 1.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 6.46

Now, allow me to quantify that with an image:
2n6rk77.jpg

Yeah, that's right. Hitler. I'll let you think about that for a bit.

Originally Posted By: Triumph
I took it and ended up surprisingly close to where it says Ron Paul is...and I know I have serious disagreements with Ron Paul, so I'm not sure how accurate it is...

That's one of the problems with the test: it leaves out issues such as monetary policy and gun control, which means it's a really rough approximation.

Also, not much different since the last time I took this test:
Economic: 10.00
Social: -7.79

Economic Left/Right: -7.25

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.13

Apparently, I am Nelson Mandela. Heh.

(I think I would have been somewhat closer to 0 on the social line, but when I hit Religion... well, suffice it to say, there was only one answer that had a value higher than "Disagree")

Fascinating. I'm really curious if the people who play Jeff's games as a whole are so overwhelmingly from the lower quadrant of the compass, or just the the group that populates these forums... And whatever the answer to the above questions is, why?

Economic Left/Right: -3.12

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.10

I'm not surprised by these results. Most of the issues I could come up with a middle ground.

Honestly I think this isn't the greatest poll; I noticed several questions that were loaded one way or another, but for being free I'm not going to complain.

Originally Posted By: The Ratt

Honestly I think this isn't the greatest poll; I noticed several questions that were loaded one way or another, but for being free I'm not going to complain.

I've been through it question for question with a couple of people, and found that on several of the questions their understanding of the meaning of the question was completely different to mine. So different, that it was as if they were answering a completely different question. Maybe that is intentional.