A6 - Buffs detract from the game's enjoyment.

Viseroth

The game is great, but the tedious manner in which buffs are handled needs to change. Having to save constantly and reload every time I get into a battle so I can buff gets old VERY fast.

I understand that the mana costs are part of the game's balance, but couldn't you at the very least allow us to set up a set of buffs that automatically get cast when a battle ensues?

Agreed. However, A6 is actually a big improvement in this regard. In A4 and A5, the Haste spell was incredibly powerful (it doubled your AP every turn) but it only targetted one PC, so you had to cast Hate 4 times plus Blessing and Protection and so on all over and over...

Obviously, you can cast buffs while in battle. Only the most challenging battles would require you to be pre-buffed. Also, I find that you can see most enemies before they can see you.

That leaves the ominous corner situation, which does happen a lot: suspicious corner ahead/save/round corner/yikes, it's a dozen creatures with high hit points/reload/buff/round corner/take that, suckers!

Originally Posted By: Soul of Wit
That leaves the ominous corner situation, which does happen a lot: suspicious corner ahead/save/round corner/yikes, it's a dozen creatures with high hit points/reload/buff/round corner/take that, suckers!

Or, enter combat mode, sneak around corner and dodge back behind it if necessary, and the proceed with the buffing.