Trying to play on a netbook...little help? (Avernum 6)

Relle

Okay, so, past Spiderweb games were completely unplayable on a netbook because the games had a resolution setting requirement that couldn't be met with a netbook (minimum of 1024x768, apparently). This one, thankfully, has a DX exe file that at least opens the game. Problem is, the bottom half of the game is hidden off the bottom of the screen and there's no way to move the window or adjust the resolution.

Now, is there any way to get the DX exe to go fullscreen on start-up, or make the regular exe work with netbook resolutions? (I tried opening the regular one first, it didn't have a resolution selection in the window).

Edit: I just tried setting the graphics options in the regular exe to have the game in fullscreen, then opened the DX exe. Total black screen, supposedly it goes to the main menu because I can press ESC and quit, but I can't see anything. Opening the regular exe gives an error saying I didn't specify the resolution and the game doesn't actually open, so I think I'm going to have to reinstall.

P.S. I'm on Windows 7, 32-bit.

What netbook are you using? EEEpcs (from 900 onwards) support 1024*768 resolution with scrolling. Or you can try using the utility ASTray Plus to emulate that resolution, but that may also be Eee specific.

And for the black screen issue, I had the same problem myself:

http://www.ironycentral.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=200507#Post200507

Solution was kindly provided.