Windows Avernum 6 - Screen Refresh Rate

Spidweb

Some users have reported problems with getting Avernum 6 for Windows to pick a screen resolution that doesn't have an eye-hurting screen refresh rate. I'm working on v1.0.1 now, which has a few fixes (like for Magical Efficiency) and I want to see how the new screen resolution changing code works.

If you've had this problem, I have released a v1.0.1 test version that should do better at picking a native screen refresh rate your monitor likes. Please try it out and let me know if it helps in this thread or at spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com.

Download the .exe at

ftp://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/temp/Avernum6v101test.zip

Copy it into the Avernum 6 folder (in Program files) and run it by double clicking on it directly and see if it helps.

- Jeff Vogel

Originally Posted By: Spidweb
Some users have reported problems with getting Avernum 6 for Windows to pick a screen resolution that doesn't have an eye-hurting screen refresh rate. I'm working on v1.0.1 now, which has a few fixes (like for Magical Efficiency) and I want to see how the new screen resolution changing code works.

If you've had this problem, I have released a v1.0.1 test version that should do better at picking a native screen refresh rate your monitor likes.

I wonder if this patch is already useable for bugfix and normal fixes only? And what the changelog is....

• 3 weeks later...