Gems

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic
Detta Detta

Mercenary

• Member ID: 2,950
  • 83 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 04:14 AM #1 Gems

What are the different gems good for?  I know you use saphires for the magic map spell, but are rubies good for anything or do I just sell them?  What about golem gems?

Rupert Rupert

Hand of Avadon

• Member ID: 485
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 04:22 AM #2 Gems

Unless I'm extremely mistaken, the only useful gem is a sapphire for Magic Map, the others are only useful for money.
Fortune favours the damn lucky.

c_man_uk c_man_uk

Mercenary

• Member ID: 591
  • 83 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 06:32 AM #3 Gems

You need a smokey crystal to use Mindduel. Mind you, iv never actually used mindduel despite haviing completed all 3 Exile games...
"It came to me. My one, my love, my one, my precious!" - Gollum, Lord of the Rings

Detta Detta

Mercenary

• Member ID: 2,950
  • 83 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 07:39 AM #4 Gems

That's right!  Forgot about that.

I like mind duel.  That one's fun!

Custer is the worlds biggest noob Custer is the worlds biggest noob

Mercenary

• Member ID: 2,830
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 11:14 PM #5 Gems

rubies and golem gems have no use.they can be sold for quite a bit though
Custer is the worlds biggest noob

MeetCrib9119 MeetCrib9119

New Arrival

• Member ID: 14,576
  • 5 posts
  • LocationThe Surface

Posted 15 February 2015 - 06:29 AM #6 Gems

Just resurrecting this very old topic, but does this apply for crystals (just the normal ones) as well? :)

Same with the rough diamond - does that have any purpose other than to be sold..?

ĐªгŦĦ Єяŋϊε דארת ערני ĐªгŦĦ Єяŋϊε דארת ערני

Hand of Avadon

• Member ID: 2,577
  • 1,120 posts
  • Locationstuck on my Möbius staircase

Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:06 AM #7 Gems

Nope
Behold! The Drizzle......of DEATH!!!!!! . . . . . . .-visual effect of using powerful spells in Avadon 2 (they're a bit of a letdown compared to their damage)

When they eventually find a piece of ash that they think was you, they bury it with great honor........ -A2CS ending script from portal explosion

MeetCrib9119 MeetCrib9119

New Arrival

• Member ID: 14,576
  • 5 posts
  • LocationThe Surface

Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:18 AM #8 Gems

Thanks!

gem helper gem helper

Crystal Wifes

• Member ID: 13,405
  • 49 posts
  • LocationYES!

Posted 21 February 2015 - 11:20 PM #9 Gems

Normal crystals aren't even really valuable enough to justify cluttering inventory space - their value is comparable to candles and such, and iirc they don't stack.

Piercing Crystals (Dispel Barrier), Shielding Crystals (invulnerability), and Mist Globes (one of 3 effects, not random but not visible to the player) are all usable, and look sorta like crystals, but I think have a different pre-ID name.

Rough diamonds are mostly there to make you compulsively examine rocks; they sell for a lot, but E1/E2 doesn't have the same sort of clutter items and money is plentiful in E3.

There's two different kinds of sapphire in E1, which sell for different values. One stacks and the other doesn't. I forget if they're both usable for Magic Map but I wanna say no.
ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʙᴇ ʜᴏᴍᴇ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ

Lilith Lilith

in before the apocalypse

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 669
  • 19,844 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 22 February 2015 - 12:04 AM #10 Gems

View Postbok bok bok, on 21 February 2015 - 11:20 PM, said:

Normal crystals aren't even really valuable enough to justify cluttering inventory space - their value is comparable to candles and such, and iirc they don't stack.

wow i never thought i'd see the day when you of all people would speak ill of crystals

gem helper gem helper

Crystal Wifes

• Member ID: 13,405
  • 49 posts
  • LocationYES!

Posted 22 February 2015 - 12:41 AM #11 Gems

View PostLilith, on 22 February 2015 - 12:04 AM, said:

wow i never thought i'd see the day when you of all people would speak ill of crystals
As I've said a thousand times, my policy is that if a crystal wants to go along on an adventure with me and my squadron of murderous gay thieves it will signal this by being inherently worth money.
ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʙᴇ ʜᴏᴍᴇ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users