• Announcements

• Coracle past Delphi

Logging in   05/10/2017

If you had an account and can't log in as of 5/9/17, this may be because of a change in logins with new forum software. You can log in using your publicly displayed name (not your username) or your email address and the password you used before.   If you have problems with this, please ask any of the mods or admins. 
Detta

Gems

11 posts in this topic

What are the different gems good for? I know you use saphires for the magic map spell, but are rubies good for anything or do I just sell them? What about golem gems?

SurraAgob likes this

Unless I'm extremely mistaken, the only useful gem is a sapphire for Magic Map, the others are only useful for money.

You need a smokey crystal to use Mindduel. Mind you, iv never actually used mindduel despite haviing completed all 3 Exile games...

That's right! Forgot about that.

I like mind duel. That one's fun!

Just resurrecting this very old topic, but does this apply for crystals (just the normal ones) as well? :)

Same with the rough diamond - does that have any purpose other than to be sold..?

Normal crystals aren't even really valuable enough to justify cluttering inventory space - their value is comparable to candles and such, and iirc they don't stack.

Piercing Crystals (Dispel Barrier), Shielding Crystals (invulnerability), and Mist Globes (one of 3 effects, not random but not visible to the player) are all usable, and look sorta like crystals, but I think have a different pre-ID name.

Rough diamonds are mostly there to make you compulsively examine rocks; they sell for a lot, but E1/E2 doesn't have the same sort of clutter items and money is plentiful in E3.

There's two different kinds of sapphire in E1, which sell for different values. One stacks and the other doesn't. I forget if they're both usable for Magic Map but I wanna say no.

Normal crystals aren't even really valuable enough to justify cluttering inventory space - their value is comparable to candles and such, and iirc they don't stack.

wow i never thought i'd see the day when you of all people would speak ill of crystals

wow i never thought i'd see the day when you of all people would speak ill of crystals

As I've said a thousand times, my policy is that if a crystal wants to go along on an adventure with me and my squadron of murderous gay thieves it will signal this by being inherently worth money.