Faerie Blood - bugged?

Description:

"All sorts of hostile magic have less of an effect on you, and the faerie folk will sometimes treat you more kindly"

As for the second half of it, "faerie folk will sometimes treat you more kindly", the general consensus seems to be that it gives a bonus to faerie lore.

However, i've tested it and these are the results:

Test 1: Go to little people with 1 faerie lore.

Result 1: Can't talk to them.

Test 2: Go to little people with 2 faerie lore.

Result 2: Can talk to them.

Test 3: Go to little people with 1 faerie lore and 1 character with the "faerie blood" trait.

Result 3: Can't talk to them.

Test 4: Go to little people with 1 faerie lore and 4 characters with the "faerie blood trait.

Result 4: Can't talk to them.

From the above it is clear that faerie blood doesn't seem to give faerie lore.

So either faerie blood is bugged and is supposed to give faerie lore, or it does something else that people have not worked out yet.

Since all 4 characters were level 12, it's highly unlikely that I had not yet hit the level where it starts giving a bonus to faerie lore.

It is possible that the "faerie folk will sometimes treat you more kindly" part of the trait is either broken or has an effect that nobody can work out..

The only other thing I could think of is that perhaps I could buy or sell items or services at more favourable rates from faeries if I had the trait, but this doesn't appear to be the case either.