Name That Bitter Oldbie

Slarti

Yes, it's another round of "name that member." The quotes in question here were all posted between 2001 and 2003. Many are out of character. All show irritation. Guess which member posted them? The usual caveat applies: no google, in this case, no googling PPP.

1. Today, Jeff Vogel released a statement ordering destruction and ‘termination with extreme prejudice’ of all people of the New Louisiana. Drakefyre

2. Maybe Drakey is following the instructions in the Blades manual. He's just added the tree to Warrior's Grove, and in a month or so he will start on the goblin pit. Khoth

3. KYRAS! WE WANT YOUR BLOOD! Alorael

4. I mean there's dumb lies (Something I know all too much about, being the creator of them) but then there's just the point where you want to ram a large point object into your spleen because it's so melodramatic and obviously fake that her attempt to get pity makes you want to pity yourself for even thinking of giving her any FORM of pity. Ed Lemur

5. FINE!!!! I come in these boards hoping to find some friends, but no one accepts me because I'm different, BECAUSE I DON'T ACT HUMAN. I am NOT completly human, no one is. If you guys fear things you don't know about, FINE. I'm eating my olive branch instead of giving it to you. NO ONE IS THE SAME, GET IT THROUGH YOUR SKULLS!!!!!!! YOU SHOULD ACCEPT THINGS EVEN IF THEY'RE ALIEN TO YOU!!!!! Zephyr Tempest

6. In this thread, I take off my pants. Actually, I have several questions about planes flying into skyscrapers. Scorpius

7. Bye. Rosycat

8. Mrs. Potato, intrigued by her husband's tales about Ermarian, has been dropped off by spaceship. She moves in the same way he does, with little hopping motions. However, she was given a wand by her husband, along with little potato armor, for protection. TM

9. Point 2. Given the fact that you have member numbers one number apart, and one is a permanent attachment to the other's a**, you really AREN'T fooling anyone with the double-members routine. See Point 1. Alec

10. It's people you You who do Supid Things that brings these boards down. Do you need me to explain further? Zxquez

Originally Posted By: Metric Electric Lover
1. Today, Jeff Vogel released a statement ordering destruction and ‘termination with extreme prejudice’ of all people of the New Louisiana.

This is Djur, I think.

Quote:
2. Maybe Drakey is following the instructions in the Blades manual. He's just added the tree to Warrior's Grove, and in a month or so he will start on the goblin pit.

I'm pretty sure I remember saying this one.

Quote:
3. KYRAS! WE WANT YOUR BLOOD!

Probably Djur? I don't think this was me, and not many other people would have called him Kyras.

Quote:
4. I mean there's dumb lies (Something I know all too much about, being the creator of them) but then there's just the point where you want to ram a large point object into your spleen because it's so melodramatic and obviously fake that her attempt to get pity makes you want to pity yourself for even thinking of giving her any FORM of pity.

Rosycat? The subject of the quote was Lady J, I can guess that much.

Quote:
5. FINE!!!! I come in these boards hoping to find some friends, but no one accepts me because I'm different, BECAUSE I DON'T ACT HUMAN. I am NOT completly human, no one is. If you guys fear things you don't know about, FINE. I'm eating my olive branch instead of giving it to you. NO ONE IS THE SAME, GET IT THROUGH YOUR SKULLS!!!!!!! YOU SHOULD ACCEPT THINGS EVEN IF THEY'RE ALIEN TO YOU!!!!!

Johnnyfeds?

Quote:
6. In this thread, I take off my pants. Actually, I have several questions about planes flying into skyscrapers.

BtI?

Quote:
7. Bye.

Me (several times), Djur (several times), Alec (several times)...

Quote:
8. Mrs. Potato, intrigued by her husband's tales about Ermarian, has been dropped off by spaceship. She moves in the same way he does, with little hopping motions. However, she was given a wand by her husband, along with little potato armor, for protection.

Drakefyre.

Quote:
9. Point 2. Given the fact that you have member numbers one number apart, and one is a permanent attachment to the other's a**, you really AREN'T fooling anyone with the double-members routine. See Point 1.

Alec.

Quote:
10. It's people you You who do Supid Things that brings these boards down. Do you need me to explain further?

Johnnyfeds again?

Originally Posted By: Metric Electric Lover
1. Today, Jeff Vogel released a statement ordering destruction and ‘termination with extreme prejudice’ of all people of the New Louisiana.

Alcritas (for whom I only, just now, realize that I should have voted.)

Quote:
2. Maybe Drakey is following the instructions in the Blades manual. He's just added the tree to Warrior's Grove, and in a month or so he will start on the goblin pit.

Shot in the dark: Morgan.

Quote:
3. KYRAS! WE WANT YOUR BLOOD!

Honestly, this could be anybody. I alone have said it three times a month since 1998.

Quote:
4. I mean there's dumb lies (Something I know all too much about, being the creator of them) but then there's just the point where you want to ram a large point object into your spleen because it's so melodramatic and obviously fake that her attempt to get pity makes you want to pity yourself for even thinking of giving her any FORM of pity.

Speaking of Alec, this was him.

Quote:
5. FINE!!!! I come in these boards hoping to find some friends, but no one accepts me because I'm different, BECAUSE I DON'T ACT HUMAN. I am NOT completly human, no one is. If you guys fear things you don't know about, FINE. I'm eating my olive branch instead of giving it to you. NO ONE IS THE SAME, GET IT THROUGH YOUR SKULLS!!!!!!! YOU SHOULD ACCEPT THINGS EVEN IF THEY'RE ALIEN TO YOU!!!!!

MSW.

Quote:
6. In this thread, I take off my pants. Actually, I have several questions about planes flying into skyscrapers.

Thuryl. I would hesitate because Thuryl already said this was someone else, but he's been wrong about himself once already.

Quote:
7. Bye.

Everybody says goodbye.

Quote:
8. Mrs. Potato, intrigued by her husband's tales about Ermarian, has been dropped off by spaceship. She moves in the same way he does, with little hopping motions. However, she was given a wand by her husband, along with little potato armor, for protection.

*i

Quote:
10. It's people you You who do Supid Things that brings these boards down. Do you need me to explain further?

ADoS.

I don't remember ever saying #10. With the syntax and spelling errors and random capitalization, it definitely sounds like something JF would say, but Slarty says it's not him. I haven't a clue.

I'm inclined to think #5 is either Mr. Fox or Ezrah Kitty of Wonder, who are as far as I know the only two open furries the community has known and therefore the comments about "not completely human" would fit, but they seem to obvious. It definitely could have been MSW too, like Sarachim guessed.

I wasn't good at this game last time and I'm still not good at it.

How many of these members are still around?

1. BEEP Era. That's all I've got. It could easily be Drakey, MM, TM, Scorp, or *i, but of course I have no recollection.

3. That's really not much to go on. I could have said it.

4. It's about Lady J, as Thuryl said. That doesn't narrow it down much.

6. Djur or Alec would be my bets, in that order.

—Alorael, who has said bye. He'll say it again. Bye. Oh, he's back now.

2 is indeed Khoth (talking about Rhapsody in Blue, of course). 3 is indeed Alorael. And 6 is indeed Scorpius (bringing up 9/11 conspiracy theories). (Alec has been guessed as well, for #9.)

In alphabetical order, the other members are Drakefyre, Ed Lemur, Rosycat, TM, Zephyr Tempest, and Zxquez. Who can match them all up?

Quote:

Drakefyre?

Quote:

Zephyr Tempest?

Quote:
7. Bye.

Rosycat?

Dikiyoba has no real clue here.

Originally Posted By: Fidelity, Anxiety, Frivolity
What... you're not implying I start large projects and then fail to complete them, are you? ^_^

Originally Posted By: Salmon
I'm surprised that sentence was completed.

The above sentence wasn't that long. Now if the quote had been from a Synergy monologue .... smile

Originally Posted By: Lemur Industries
Hmmm...I don't remember the context of that quote at all. Though trying to remember a conversation from more than half a decade ago isn't exactly easy. Who was LadyJ?

She hosted several Polaris members' websites. Then her house burned down and she was horribly scarred and her husband died and then she got cancer and died and came back to life but she has amnesia so we can't talk to her about any of this. Or I suppose it's possible that she was crazy and made it all up for attention.

She hosted several websites, period, including several forums. Actually, for a while MM's Phoenix forums were probably the most popular satellite, or perhaps even with Desperance.

—Alorael, who thinks you've definitely left out the two most common dramatic elements of Lady J's life: pregnancy and abortion.