What have you been listening to lately

Spddin Ignis

I recently acquired a remastered CD of Little Richard's first two albums, mostly for the first song (Tutti Frutti), but also for the rest.

I've been singing Tutti Frutti for about four or five months now, ever since my girlfriend introduced me to it. It's starting to annoy her. tongue

Originally Posted By: Excalibur
I recently bought the album Bridge Over Troubled Water. <3

Uh oh, Excalibur and I agree about something again. To be fair, I don't love the whole album, and I definitely prefer Sounds of Silence. But yeah.

Today I began unpacking on the order of 800 CDs that I had stored in various basements for the last four years. A wonderful feeling to regain so much lost music, the stuff that I had never ripped. Oh The Noise Made by People and In Sides with the UK edition bonus CD and It's Oh So Quiet single, how I've missed you.

Lately, I've been going back through all my politically-oriented music such as Flobot's Fight With Tools, Pink Floyd's The Final Cut, A Perfect Circle's eMOTIVe, and John Lennon's The US Versus John Lennon. However, that's starting to fade into the background as I move towards Radiohead, Thom Yorke, Chad VanGaalen, and Mogwai.

Plus Bob Bylan.

A lot of The Hush Sound, Streetlight Manifesto, Barenaked Ladies, Jonathan Coulton, Movits, ocremix, and dozens of other artists I don't feel like listing.

(I feel like this topic works a lot better in the form used at SV... every so often just come in and post a song you're particularly enamored with at the moment.)

Originally Posted By: Ephesos
(I feel like this topic works a lot better in the form used at SV... every so often just come in and post a song you're particularly enamored with at the moment.

I think a combination would be better. When I visited Shadow Vale regularly, I never participated in that thread, because I rarely ever listen to music while I'm doing other things that require my attention.

For a while I listen to anything in my collection, and eventually it's reduced to just my favorite artists, then just the Beatles, TMBG, Fleetwood Mac and Rammstein, then just TMBG and Rammstein, then just Rammstein and I can't listen to anything else without become bored or irritated. Soon I can't even listen to Rammstein.

I deliberately avoid listening to my music so much that I no longer appreciate it, and even then it still happens occasionally and I have to sort of "detox" from my music and go a month or more without listening to it at all, then I can appreciate my favorite songs again.

But tonight I broke my rule and listened to Pamela Wyn Shannon's "Tree Song", "Once Again Too Soon", and "Twig" from her "Nature's Bride" album. It was relaxing.

Originally Posted By: The Almighty Doer of Stuff
Pamela Wyn Shannon's "Tree Song", "Once Again Too Soon", and "Twig" from her "Nature's Bride" album. It was relaxing.

Win.

I've just sat through around 6 hours of Morrissey/The Smiths - I have around 26 hours worth of music by them according to iTunes, which may be why I think I only heard two tracks repeated.

Hmm. I'm going the Liszt route- Mazeppa Symphonic Poem, Les Preludes, Hungarian Rhapsody no.2, Totentanz, and, of course, the Dante Symphony. Dies Irae, the Mozart, Verdi, and original version are all going strong in Top 25 most played. A couple Carmen songs thrown in for variety, and all topped off with five Carmina Burana songs, O Fortuna(because it's necessary, like it or not, and I don't like it.), Fortuna Plango Vulnera(over 1000 plays! !111one!), Estuans Interius, In Taberna Quando Sumos, and Circa Mea Pectora.

I'm not sure whether I am insane, socially inept, or a genius the likes of which has never been seen. Probably all three, and a couple more on top of that, too.

Originally Posted By: Dantius

I'm not sure whether I am insane, socially inept, or a genius the likes of which has never been seen. Probably all three, and a couple more on top of that, too.

You're not the only ones on these forums that listens to classical music. smile

*Points to Alorael, Aran, *i, and self*

Liszt is a bit more more modern than my tastes run, though. My top five items by times played are all Rameau, and Bach and Vivaldi also make strong showings. For non-classical, the top results are a bit surprising to me. The Decemberists, Live, assorted offerings from OCReMix, Kamelot, Patrice Deceuninck, and Blind Guardian all make appearances in the top . Sure!

—Alorael, who wonders how the results would look with some kind of normalization for number of songs by an artist. Patrice Deceuninck, say, is rather less prolific than Telemann.