The token baseball thread.

The Loquacious Lord Grimm

While this may appear (and may truly be) out of character for me, the fact that I live in this particular little hellhole in South Jersey (and spending so much quality time with my in-laws) requires me to point out that Philly is back in the World Series, and, at the time of this post, leading.

Discuss.

The Silent Assassin is currently in NYC for some sort of fancy to-do over music.

Priorities, dude, what the hell?

Originally Posted By: VCH
Baseball is the biggest snooze fest sport. It's okay to play, but watching . . . damn. sleep
Obviously you've never watched golf, bowling, or tennis. Baseball is action-packed by comparison.
Originally Posted By: Dantius
I will guess you enjoy hockey, then, VCH. Just a shot in the dark.
I don't care what anyone says, you can only watch so much hockey; let's not forget curling! tongue

Originally Posted By: The Mystic
Originally Posted By: VCH
Baseball is the biggest snooze fest sport. It's okay to play, but watching . . . damn. sleep
Obviously you've never watched golf, bowling, or tennis. Baseball is action-packed by comparison.

I don't know, tennis is one of the few sports that I ever watch. I personally think tennis is a lot more intense than baseball.

Figure skating for the win.

Originally Posted By: Ephesos
Boo Yankees. That's really all I have to say about this year's World Series. Everyone so badly wants the Yankees to return to their usual swollen-coffer domimance that I can't help but root against them, being a fan of the sport and all.

Really? Introduce me to some of these people, because except for Yankee fans it seems like everyone hates the Yankees. Please don't tell me I'm wrong about this, because your envy is delicious to us.

I've been told that having the Yuckees win will perhaps spur the Red Sox into serious post-season contention, rather than this current spate of ho-hum we deserve the post-season boringness. So, as a diehard, lifelong Red Sox fan, I am apparently better off to root for the Yucks over the Phils.

Sorry. Just can't do it. That pitcher from game 1 is my new boyfriend after those two stellar (albeit nonchalant) fielding plays he made. Getting into his head, wasn't he just screaming "So, what's the big deal with these guys anyways? Let's play Little League ball!.

(mostly this and that.)

Originally Posted By: Neossokrass
I'm still clutching my stomach over how everything fell apart for the mets this year.

...dude, it's not like there was actually anything to fall apart. They started the year lame (literally), and ended it in much the same condition. The game where they finished up by lining into an unassisted triple play pretty much summed up their entire season.

I recall at one point the figure stood at over $90 million in payroll on the disabled list. I can sympathize, as the Cards pretty much spent the year after winning the World Series in that position.

More like, One team showed up wanting to win, the other thinks they deserve it by default.

And never stick Lidge in without a ten-run lead.

But oh well. Philly hasn't given up hope yet... which is to say, the fans haven't. Jeez... so many freaking t-shirts out while shopping today....