Spiderweb Number +1

Slarti

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Green and blue lines indicate that the meeting predates SW. Green lines indicate the meeting continued and generally means one person on SW led to the other one being there. Blue indicates it was totally independent of SW. I may have coloured a few lines green that ought to be blue, not sure.

Red indicates marriage. I've chosen not to indicate less officiated love relationships as a matter of rare good taste on my part.

Oh, the colors of boxes are just some obvious groupings, Aussies, SFers, and Tyran's meetup.

I suppose these are meetings in person, aren't they. I was wondering where my link to at least one other was, but then I remembered that I haven't met that person IRL.

Uh, did Wizcozski ever meet Zeviz? I know we're all at Berkeley together, but I would've been surprised if that happened without my knowledge. Also, she and I should be linked with green (or possibly blue — I'm not sure I totally get the colors). If that is indeed Wizcozski that you're talking about, and not some other "Wiz," who in that case I would not have met at all and should not be connected to.

Also, is that coloring on the link between Alec and Djur right?

Re Zeviz and Wiz, I was told that they met. You may know better, so if you're fairly sure and/or want to check with either of them, I'll delink them.

Alec and Djur might need to be blue, but they definitely met pre-Spidweb.

The green/blue distinction is that for green, the link itself is what led (directly or indirectly) to one party joining SW, so the link is a given and not a surprise. For blue, the link is totally independent of either party joining SW, resulting in a "wait... is that ___?" moment. I'll guess your link should be green, but let me know if it should in fact be blue.

Also, I believe Tyranicus has 7 as well.

And you have obviously never met me, let alone some of my friends.

And for the win—Dikiyoba with seven connections.
For the record, Tyranicus has the same number.

And is there no person besides me in the whole state of Maryland that knows the awesomeness of these here games?

And is there no person besides me in the whole state of Maryland that knows the awesomeness of these here games?
Alorael used to live in Maryland, and Nicothodes still does.

I plan to visit the Faire at some point this fall, but I won't be able to go this weekend.
Then you're out of luck, it seems. This weekend is the final weekend the Faire will be open this year, unless I'm mistaken. :(
I didn't realize that. I guess I'll miss it this year. :(

This includes only IRL meetings, right? Does stuff like phone calls, skype etc. count?

And you have obviously never met me, let alone some of my friends.

And for the win—Dikiyoba with seven connections.

-S-

For the record, Tyranicus has the same number.

Do you two have nothing better to spend your time on than counting the number of lines spreading out from boxes?

I don't know if Marl has actually talked to more people on the phone/Skype than I. My list would be: Alec, Andraste, Aran, Ash Lael, Ephesos, and TM. If you want to be technical and include those I have actually met as well, the list would include Dikiyoba, Lenar, Marlenny, Nicothodes, and Slarty.

I don't know if Marl has actually talked to more people on the phone/Skype than I. My list would be: Alec, Andraste, Aran, Ash Lael, Ephesos, and TM. If you want to be technical and include those I have actually met as well, the list would include Dikiyoba, Lenar, Marlenny, Nicothodes, and Slarty.
Marl has attempted to speak on the phone to me on occasion, but on the times I didn't let my dislike of phones stop me picking up, the line quality was pretty bad, and all we heard each other say was "Hello?" a lot.

RE: Nicothodes. She was an active member here for several years, but doesn't really visit SW anymore.

Well, depending on how strictly one defines yearning. If you exclude all the farcical, non-serious "yearnings" as well as the impersonal comments about Dolphin's (or whoever's) picture being hot, there isn't too much left, and most of what's left is not connected.

To my knowledge, anyway. tongue

Well, depending on how strictly one defines yearning. If you exclude all the farcical, non-serious "yearnings" as well as the impersonal comments about Dolphin's (or whoever's) picture being hot, there isn't too much left, and most of what's left is not connected.

To my knowledge, anyway. :p

I had at least one mildly creepy e-stalker who seemed to be completely serious.

It will be hard for me to meet a fellow spiderwebber. Unless they happen to be one of the four million Newzealnders. Hopefully living nearby, and think that spiderwebbers are not unique spiders.

I perfer the southern hemisphere. Partly because I don't have a choice and partly because Happy feet lives down here. Gotta love fluffy penguins.

If nobody lives in the north than the Zombies must have taken over. Curse those threads!

If anyone's ever in Toronto, Canada, feel free to message me and we can meet up! Maybe we can go to a bar and have a couple of drinks....if you're +19 that is. tongue

I live in a big city but I'm the only one I know who plays Spiderweb games (except for my brother). It's too bad I couldn't make it out to Tyran's meetup in January. frown

I've only talked to people from here on AIM or MSN.