G1 Oh how Art Thou Game Strange

Hypnotic

So I bought G5 first. Now I bought the series and started with G1. I am on my first playthrough I have noticed that the haste IS better than in the other games. So I thought everything was golden until I noticed something odd.

My Shaper has a lovely 32 Action Points. Equiptment Quicksilver Chainmail and nothing esle special. I am encoumbered by over 200 lb's So how that AP level possible? I noticed this oddity when I manged to walk from one end of the screen to another in combat mode in one turn. So I thought I mught push it to the limit can cast haste for more power. However this backfired and reduced my 32 Ap down to 2. After haste wore off it went back to 32. So has this happened to anyone else, any thoughts about whats happing?

I don't really want to call this a problemn as healing my entire partys damage in a single turn is highly rewarding.

There is a bug in the way encumberance reduces AP in the early Genefoge games. If you exceed a certain weight than the integer that represents AP instead of being capped at 0 (zero) or 1 goes to a negative value. However the negative value is considered by the game to be 32 so that's how you got it.

The Mech/LT aspect of the games has steadily declined throughout the game. In G1, doors had a set "level" of mechanics needed to open them. Each Living Tool counted as two levels. Thus, to open a level 16 door with 10 mechanics would ALWAYS cost three Living Tools. Unlock lev. 1 had the effect of picking the lock with 1 LT, lv. 2 would pick with 2 LT, and so on. In G2 and 3, it was the same, only you had to choose whether to cast Unlock or expend all the living tools required. G4 and 5 were the worst, where mech had little to no boost to the amount of tools required. Picking one of the doors in Gazaki Uss with 12 mech cost 5 LT, yet with the full +7 mech from infiltrator items, the cost only dropped to 4, still to little to use a unlock spell.

Originally Posted By: Dantius
There are tons of LT in G1, because the lock system was awesome, and you could use some LT and then switch to casting unlock, saving you large quantities of said tools. I't a pity Jeff changed it.
G1's lock system was great when you were running low on living tools and wanted to save some for later. After G1, the only way to conserve living tools is to pump up Mechanics, Mental Magic, and Unlock skills.

More proof of UBB search feature failure. Before I made this topic I went and had a look if this had already been answered. Search feature is a failure.

Now out of curiosity I wondered what the last page of threads is like. So I click on page 125 and have a look. There happens to be a topic called 32 Action points (Backwards Loop).

Isn't UBB great?