Atlas - The Gift of Aramai

Moebius

Hello,

I figure since this forum is likely full of Mac users who like role-playing games, it would be a good place to post this.

I am looking for an RPG by freeverse called "Atlas - The Gift of Aramai". They no longer sell the game and I have been unable to locate anything but the demo (even they don't have it anymore). I believe there were two versions of the game released, a limited demo version and a full demo version that could be unlocked with a serial key. I am not asking for your serial key so this isn't anything illegal. However, if one of you has the full version of the game (that can be unlocked), I would be very happy if you would share it with me.

Of course, I don't know if anyone here ever bought this game or had any interest in it. It's quite different from Jeff's games but asking here is worth a shot because I really want to find this.

Also, I realize this is off-topic. I hope you don't mind.

I remember that game. As I recall, it was nice-looking, but poorly balanced and poorly paced.

I'm surprised that Freeverse doesn't even have the full version any more. Have you tried contacting the programmers directly? My experience has been that authors of old games are usually happy to hear that somebody enjoyed their game enough to search for it years later.

Freeverse are terrible with old games. Wingnuts 1, after being released in the full version freely (exactly two days after I paid for it >.<) is now just a footnote on the Wingnuts 2 page. And many other games published by them more than 4 years ago now are nowhere to be found.

I did however manage to secure a copy of the demo of ByteME (I think) a couple years ago by contacting Freeverse. I suggest you try the same.

Originally Posted By: To Activate is Hazy and Unread
My experience has been that authors of old games are usually happy to hear that somebody enjoyed their game enough to search for it years later.

If you can find them wink Richard White is a good example.

• 14 years later...
On 10/10/2009 at 2:08 PM, Moebius said:

Hello,

I figure since this forum is likely full of Mac users who like role-playing games, it would be a good place to post this.

I am looking for an RPG by freeverse called "Atlas - The Gift of Aramai". They no longer sell the game and I have been unable to locate anything but the demo (even they don't have it anymore). I believe there were two versions of the game released, a limited demo version and a full demo version that could be unlocked with a serial key. I am not asking for your serial key so this isn't anything illegal. However, if one of you has the full version of the game (that can be unlocked), I would be very happy if you would share it with me.

Of course, I don't know if anyone here ever bought this game or had any interest in it. It's quite different from Jeff's games but asking here is worth a shot because I really want to find this.

Also, I realize this is off-topic. I hope you don't mind.

I can't find the code of my purchase, too many years passed, I NEED to play this game again, what I have to do?

Since this topic has already been revived and my post seems relevant - I don't own a Mac, and am unsure whether the linked "atlas.sit" file actually works (at all, with or without a code, and/or on modern systems even with emulation), but a few seconds of internet searching turned up the following:

Atlas: The Gift of Aramai - Macintosh Repository