Will Linda's Room open with Unlock Doors LEvel 3? Where can I get Repel Spirit Level 3?

I hit day 160 and got the message about the Tower being overrun with demons. The walkthrough said that it would be suicide to go into the Tower without Repel Spirit level 3, but it also said that I needed to fix the tower right now. Well I only had Repel Spirit level 2 but I thought I'd give it a go. I fought my way through all the demons and tried to get through the secret passage in Linda's room only to find Linda's room wouldn't open! I tried bashing it and Unlock Door, but I guess it needs higher than Level 2 which is all I had. So I figured I now had to get to the portal the hard way by fighting through the Hakis. I fought through the Hakis and destroyed the portal but I only had one character left. I figured I'd get my characters resurrected and go back and collect my stuff, but of course the tower collapsed and now my stuff is all gone. Diamond Dagger, Steel Plate Mail, Mithril Chainmail, Serendipity Knife etc etc. This victory was a bit to pyrrhic for my liking.

So I went back to an earlier save of day 159 and went up to the House on the Hill to read the Unlock Doors level 3, crossing my fingers that that would be enough to open Linda's room. Well I got Unlock Doors 3 and it's day 159 and I'm about to get the message about the tower, is there anywhere I can get Repel Spirit level 3 on the way there?

Wow, sounds like you are in quite a pickle. You find Repel Spirit at level 3 in the Remote Cavern in Northwest Valorim. I don't think you'll be able to make it all the way from the House on a Hill to northwest Valorim in one game day, even with Horses.

It seems like the only way for you to get Repel Spirit at level 3 is to use the character editor to set yourself a few days back to give yourself enough time to go to the Remote Cavern and back.

Oh, and Repel Spirit level 3 helps a lot during the Tower of Magi Disaster, but it's not required. If you collected a couple of magical items and artifacts while playing the game, and have Mass Healing at level 3, you should just be able to make it. Bring plenty of Potions too.

If you have trouble with the tower of magi you will probably have trouble with the remove cavern as well since it's filled with a bunch of spell casters that are also immune to all spells(you do get a nice polearm, but the obsidian spear is almost as good). If you need to lightning spray can still hit the demons fairly hard. The easiest way is to have your fighters hasted and blessed then pound on the demons. Have your mage wait each turn in case you need to haste off a slow. By day 160 you should be able to hit for 199 damage a turn with assassinate and typical end game weapons.

Unlock Doors level 3 was enough to open Linda's Room, so I managed to get through the Tower without really using Repel Spirit much at all.

I'm now trying to take down the barrier between the troglos and giants and can't find the key. The walkthrough says "press the rune in the northwest corner of their lair to open up a small room with the treasure. The key you need is in one of the chests. " - I'm having a hard time getting into one of the chests. I stepped on the rune and opened up a secret passage with two chests. I searched one okay but the other one won't let me search it! It just keeps saying "you see a box" or whatever. I've stood in all three possible positions around the box.

No it's definately a key. But after trying to search the box a dozen times I kept going and when I got to the door it said I pulled out the key. I certainly don't remember getting a key. Nevermind.

Finding the giants cavern impossible, going to restart the whole thing and maybe try to power my characters up a bit. I'm always having my spellcasters run out of energy and just get in the way. With all these rocks and lasers and things flying everywhere I'm just relying on my archer.

I already have Mass Healing Level 3. Does the giant cavern become off limits once you take down the barrier?

I'm pretty sure Dispel Barrier lv3 will also open the door to Linda's room. I'm approx early mid-game, and I recently returned to the Tower of Magi. I remember being able to dispel the two waves of magic barriers along the passage leading to Linda's quarters and being stopped by a story trigger barrier, but my last dispel hit the door and unlocked+opened it.

Unless you're talking about another door, but I'm fairly sure that passage is the only way to Linda's room. Generally I cast far sight a bunch of times out of habit when a portion of the map seems out of reach.

-

Also, woah, you're on day 160+ and you haven't taken care of the giants? Just curious. I'm setting a fairly leisurely pace myself, around day 64 now - I did the slimes, giants/troglos next, and just finished doing the roaches. I remember the roaches should be second (more or less), but I was sorta touring eastern Valorim this time around.

I'm a bit confused though, sounds like you haven't actually finished the giants/troglos yet. There are two entrances to the giants' area, both near each other. They're southeast of Lorelei, approx north across the mountain range from Castle Troglo. Also, I'm fairly certain neither area becomes inaccessible - if you can't get in via the front (e.g. castle troglo), enter via the barrier cavern (you'll find a map in the giants' area which enables you to find and enter that cave).

As far as I recall, the only areas which totally disappeared from the map after doing them were that undead tower in the far southeast, and the roach place. You could pretty much revisit anywhere else. Could be wrong though, i generally don't return to dungeons i've "cleared" unless I made a specific note in my out-of-game notepad, e.g. "return here to take care of the altar when i learn the ritual of sanctification". Most of the time though, I don't bother to check old places again.

The Giant area requires you to find a key to be able to reach the treasure room with the map to the location with the barrier control.

If you are having trouble with the giants then you probably need to redo your build. They aren't the hardest plague, but their missle attack needs some dexterity to dodge.