Favorite Exile

I chose E2 because it has much of the same world as E1 -- same area for most of the Exile caves, but it seems "expanded" compared to E1, and it has different encounters -- and more, with all of the Vahnatai stuff at the beginning.

I would love to try E1 because it has the same area with different dungeons and quests, but I just haven't been able to get into it. I am too used to the monsters and spell systems of E2 and E3, and E1 is very challenging because of that!

But, one thing I do like about E1 and E2 are that magic items are few and far-between. So many games have weapons like "Sword of fire", "Axe of fire", etc. But in E1 and E2, every magic item is almost unique... I really like that. It's also neat how your party has to parcel out magic items like the Boots of Speed in E2 -- in any other game, you would probably be able to find six of a certain useful item and just give them to every character, but in E2, you have to really think about who you want to give those two pairs of boots.

Exile 1 was the first RPG I ever played. I kept playing the first part of the demo and getting slaughtered. I quickly moved on to Exile 2, which instantly became my favorite since I could make Lizard and Cat people. I explored that demo for years before I finally purchased the game (thanks dad). I miss that time of my life.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Hey, numb wizard. First of all, welcome to Spiderweb; please leave your sanity at the door!

Secondly, please don't revive threads that were last posted in nearly three years ago. If you want to discuss anything in threads that have long since been dead, feel free to start a new topic. Thanks.

Edited by n/kki..
it is not without some irony that I post this, but eh