o, that poxy dragon's den!

I had a bit of frustration in Reptrakos' lair. Here it is:

Using piercing sight with the Romans a few days back, I noticed a secret pass in the SW section of the area map. I tried walking through it, but no effect. So, I heard that sometimes, although rare, an enemy character might get in the way and block these narrow passages, so, I go away for a bit, kill the dragon, and go back. Still nothing.

By then I figured, maybe it's a Celt-only area. I tried it again just yesterday, and, no luck. So, I'm thinking, is this a place I'll have to come back to after performing a certain act? Or, possibly, is there an unseen rune or gate on the other side that I need to get rid of using Sever Seal? Or, perhaps this is a spot where one of Samael's souls-for-sale gets you through?

If anyone else has figured out this conundrum, I'd love to know. It's eating at me. Xp

There is an area in the SW north of a group of three rooms that is a Celt-only area where you go to retrieve an item for Reptrakos in order to be granted a dragon scale to remove your curse. You can get a dragon scale elsewhere in the lair without doing this quest.

This is one of two secret doors that only opens if you have the friendly goblin as a member of your party while exploring the area. The other is for both sides to get to a wheel that opens the gate for the back door to the treasure rooms.